TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about working on a 3D version of a Cougar. If someone has time I could use some photos as reference.

Ideally:
Very, straight on shots of one side, the front, the rear... and the hard part from above (I have know idea...).
Then some closeups of details like front lights, grill, rear lights, pillars, hood, and truck deck.

Also, shoot against a clean, contrasting background. Like a dark car against a white painted brick wall. Remember I need to see detail, so a dark car needs to be shot lighter and a light car need to be shot darker (F-stop bracketing on a SLR or EV adjustment on a digital would probably get best results.)

I'll do my best to find images to work with on-line, but I thought I'd just throw this out there.

I've got a cable modem through RoadRunner, so I shouldn't have any trouble getting the images, but if you can .zip them, that might be the best way to go.

Send images to [email protected]

Thanks all. :)

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
what year hehe.. I want a 3d pic of my ride

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'95 I guess

That's right in the middle of the MN12 years.

I'm going to make it along the lines of the "Radical 3D TBird" that's posted on here elsewhere.
It'll end up being a universal of the MN12 Cougar era.

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
What about the FOX era?? hehe..

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ouch!

Thanks for the link; I already did the google thing, that's why I figured I'd ask here. Those are some nice images, but I need straight on shots.

WkStill: No foxes for now, maybe in the future...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The 92 grill has to be the best from 89-94, eh ;)?

Just to let you know - I LOVE your car!!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautiful!

If I can find one more straight on front shot with the entire front, the search will be over.

Thanks Dr.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The search is over

:thumbsup:

Dr. is you can leave those up until I get home, I'll grab those to my HD when I get home

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts

my plate is on there so don't stalk me

And oh, who has the only shot from above, ME BABY, HOOWAH!!!

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
What hill (or is it a "mountain") is that in the last pic Dr. FrankenCougie? Near Atlanta I'm assuming.

Are all the '92 grills body colored? I like my 'chromed out' '91 grill personally.

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
Hey Turbo, no the 92 Grills are Chrome unless it is an XR-7, which is body colored, however, I didn't like the cheap lookin grill strips then black in between each piece, so a little masking tape, newspaper, white spray paint and clear coat later, you have my grill, which is white everywhere but the cat, and the outside edge, I think it looks great, and Dr., how is that pic from above, were you talkin about above the world.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
The picture is of Cougie on top of my world. I ride bikes (the kind you pedal) and that spot is the top of one of the gutwrenching climbs of a North GA ride we (my teamates and I) would do every weekend called 3 gap (you ride 3 Mtn Gaps). The 70 mile ride consists of some very long climbs and some insane downhills with banked turns that I've passed cars on. Cougie is parked in one of the Appalation Trails parking lots at the top of Woody gap and that one takes me about 45 mins of serious pain to get to the top and about 3 seconds to get to the bottom of the other side while reaching speeds of 50mph and more. I need to get back on the bike but after getting hrut so many times and my last near death Ironman I guess I lost the drive to train hardcore.

I watched my buddy go off that turn into the woods. He was OK but his bike was not so good.

This is the bottom of Woody Gap.

Ghey-n-white '94 grill.

I took Cougie up there to hash it out in the turns after I did the PI swap but beofre the major suspension stuff. A buddy and I are going back for some video of it all. he has a very sweet Audi S4 with a larger turbo and other goodies.

Fun Times,
-Scott

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great photos!

92CougLS, I gave up on the top shot, thanks for sending that one.

I love seeing shots of mountains. Tampa Bay area here in Florida is dismal when it comes to landscape, flat flat flat and filled with huge dead carrots (palm trees).
Beaches are nice though.

Does anyone know if there is a model kit of a 94/95 Cougar?
If yes, details on it would be helpful.

Dr., did you yank the black stripe down the roof line or just paint over it?

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
When I was down in Georgia a few years ago we went to the beginning of the Appalachian Trail, in Northern GA. It was at a state park, but I'm not sure which one. There were some beautiful views and some waterfalls, and some fun uphill walking. I've GOT to make it down there again...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts