TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
lol il just keep pm to you cause im bouncing back and forth from pming to the thread lol i got a headache now lol.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
From Ford. The Motorcrafts were $60 ea. and the "factory" arms were $90 ea. At least that's what I recall. The $90 ones were sealed for life.
ford parts.com has the ford genuine ones for 160 something dollars. for one. and motorcraft for 90 something dollars for one.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Yeah the last set I picked up from the dealership were sealed, my buddy got an employee discount around $50 each for the sealed.

Speaking of UCA's .. the car I am working on now is making a knocking from the passengerr side UCA, balljoint boot is torn, BJ is rusty, just like the picture at the top of this thread - looks like I'll be doing the UCA on this car in the next day or so, Autozone / Dorman brand, no need to go fancy on a customers car unless they request it, Motorcraft on my personal vehicles. :D

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yeah the last set I picked up from the dealership were sealed, my buddy got an employee discount around $50 each for the sealed.

Speaking of UCA's .. the car I am working on now is making a knocking from the passengerr side UCA, balljoint boot is torn, BJ is rusty, just like the picture at the top of this thread - looks like I'll be doing the UCA on this car in the next day or so, Autozone / Dorman brand, no need to go fancy on a customers car unless they request it, Motorcraft on my personal vehicles. :D
too bad i dont know anybody like that 50 bucks sounds good

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Yeah my bad on the pic from Oreillys, those are the greasable type with the Zerk fitting. I looked at them too quickly.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
NEXT front sway bars and front shocks / struts

if i buy the spring with the front strut (the all in one assembly) from monroe. do i have to get them compressed or do they come the hight of the car already??

if the bushings are shot on the sway bar links , do i replace the bushings or the whole assembly?

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
if i buy the spring with the front strut (the all in one assembly) from monroe. do i have to get them compressed or do they come the hight of the car already??

if the bushings are shot on the sway bar links , do i replace the bushings or the whole assembly?
Front sway bar links you can't change just the bushings - they are ball joints. Rear ones you may be able to fix with bushings.

Front shock/spring assembly you just bolt it with the car jacked up.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
ok so need to replace the whole sway bar assembly's. and the shocks and spring assembly , i dont need to have them adjusted.just slap them on.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
ok so need to replace the whole sway bar assembly's. and the shocks and spring assembly , i dont need to have them adjusted.just slap them on.
Not exactly, you buy the front sway bar LINKS as units. The links connect the bar to the lower control arms:
the front look like this:

The rear ones look like this which is why I think you can change the bushings:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Not exactly, you buy the front sway bar LINKS as units. The links connect the bar to the lower control arms:
the front look like this:

The rear ones look like this which is why I think you can change the bushings:

so when ordering the fronts its only one per side correct?? which is better greasable. or pre-greased..

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts
so when ordering the fronts its only one per side correct?? which is better greasable. or pre-greased..
Correct.

Yes. :diablo: It depends on your preferences. I put lifetime-lubed on my car, since the Nylon/Teflon inner bushing is tighter than the greasable ones have.

RwP

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Yes, there is one link per corner of the car - ie: there is a total of two front links (left and right) and two rear links (left and right) = 4 total links per car.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts