TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94....engine just ceased
i dont know weather to put a ford racing crate in there, get a 4.6 mustang, or just any old engine that works for now...help

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would all i need to do is buy the engine...i just got a rebuilt tranny so do i have to replace ne thing else

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
It's almost "plug and play". It will bolt up to the transmission you have, but you would need some 96/97 intake parts. Throttle cable, fuel lines, fuel rails, intake tube. You would need to take the front cover off the '94 engien and put it on the Explorer engine.

And it's 2002+ Explorer or 99+ Mustang GT, but the Explorer engines have aluminum blocks (for the most part), so they're lighter. The 99-01 (I think) Mustangs are Windors, which require some grinding to get the engine mounts to fit.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Cougar281 said:
And it's 2002+ Explorer or 99+ Mustang GT, but the Explorer engines have aluminum blocks (for the most part), so they're lighter. The 99-01 (I think) Mustangs are Windors, which require some grinding to get the engine mounts to fit.
Just for reference, all Explorer blocks are aluminum, and the '99-2000 Mustang GTs are Windsors, '01-Present are Romeo.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Palmguy said:
Just for reference, all Explorer blocks are aluminum, and the '99-2000 Mustang GTs are Windsors, '01-Present are Romeo.
I wasn't sure what year the Mustangs went to Romeos, but I knew it was something like that.

I had heard rumors that some Explorers 2003+ had iron blocks.

·
8,239 Posts
the 02+ explorer never had an iron block. Period.

some of the expeditions had the aluminum block but not all.

JH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts