TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just had my new motor put in and now everything is said and done my steering wheel and pedals shake in low gears ! is this drive train related ? motor mounts are new! everything is new as a matter of fact! engine and tranny! so i called ford they said check plugs and wires did still shackinjg a little do you think my driveshaft is unbalanced? but the other morning i couldnt have asked for my car to perform better than what it was , going mad fast like lassy on nitrous! but after awhile went back to shacky shacky!


help.....................................

cliff
 

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
Have you checked your brakes? If the rotors warped on you, that would do it.

If it feels like the rear end is making circles as you drive, then it is your driveshaft. I had a bad one on a 67 Impala fastback.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brakes are new to my knowledge they were done not to long ago ill check them but i was thinking it was the shaft too! ill have to get it balanced and see if thats it get back to you when its done!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
940 Posts
has the car done this before the swap?

Has it been sitting for a while?If so, you're tires might be cupped (it may take a few trips to go back to normal).

Does it get worse with higher speed? (if not, you're driveshaft should be fine,)
 

·
Resident Line Creator
Joined
·
1,874 Posts
I have a similar problem. My problem only happens when I am braking and coming to a stop. Thats when the steering wheel shakes back and forth. Its annoying sometimes. Is is the rotors? thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
940 Posts
crazed maniac said:
I have a similar problem. My problem only happens when I am braking and coming to a stop. Thats when the steering wheel shakes back and forth. Its annoying sometimes. Is is the rotors? thanks.

If it's only when you are braking, it's more then likely to be warped rotors (front rotors to be more specific)
 

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
Joined
·
8,978 Posts
sprchrgd1 said:
i just had my new motor put in and now everything is said and done my steering wheel and pedals shake in low gears ! is this drive train related ? motor mounts are new! everything is new as a matter of fact! engine and tranny! so i called ford they said check plugs and wires did still shackinjg a little do you think my driveshaft is unbalanced? but the other morning i couldnt have asked for my car to perform better than what it was , going mad fast like lassy on nitrous! but after awhile went back to shacky shacky!


help.....................................

cliff
I'd say get your driveshaft balanced and check the u-joints and then go from there. I had a similar problem on Ole Blue (1980 Crown Victoria 351ci). It would run like a bute 40mph or higher but around town that b*tch shook like a mofo. Then one day the u-joint gave out and the driveshaft fell off of the tailshaft of the tranny when I was going about 40mph :eek: The front of the DS caught a crack in the road and throw the rear end of the car up in the air. That was quite the fun experience!
-Thomas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i still have a spare shaft so ill get that done and we will see whats up no my problem has nada to do with brakes! its something loose or somethingi no driver side motor mount is loose cuz its spueaking like crazy! ill have to get back with everyone on tuesday or wendsday when i get it back!!!!!1
 

·
Resident Line Creator
Joined
·
1,874 Posts
KewlBird said:



If it's only when you are braking, it's more then likely to be warped rotors (front rotors to be more specific)
Ok great. I will see if that is the problem. Where can I get some relatively good rotors? I have seen some on ebay, called Bendex or something along those lines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
go to your local advanced or autozone they sell them for about 25 bucks a piece brand new!get pads with a no wear period too so you dont need to have a wear period!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top