TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my fiend has a 96 3.8 xr7. His coolant was disappearing for a couple of weeks and he found out today that his headgaskets are going. He went over to ford and they said its no covered. its a 96 with only about 65k on it. I thought the warranty was 7 years or 100k? The 7 years would be up at the end of this month so i think they might just be bull****ting him. I need to know asap so he can get the car in there before january. Please help us out here. Thanks.

Frank

·
Administrator
8,248 Posts
Frank,

I believe it is for 7 yrs. or 100K miles. He has a 96, any idea when it was first purchased? If it was sometime in late 95 he might not be covered. :(

Joe

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
96-97's are NOT covered, they are suppose to have a better headgasket in them. Mine had signs they were going to blow(just starting to eat there way to the fire ring) at about 80,000 when I installed my ported heads on 96'. 96+ headgasket failures are not NEARLY as common as pre 96's though. If you have the headgaskets done ASK for the 99+ style gaskets to be installed, there pretty much BLOWPROOF.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts