TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to replace strut bar bushings on the hub side. Got the nut off... now what. Everything seems to be pretty sured up how am I supposed to get those things out!?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
trying to replace strut bar bushings on the hub side. Got the nut off... now what. Everything seems to be pretty sured up how am I supposed to get those things out!?
Are you talking about the TENSION-STRUT, that curved bar that goes from the lower control arm forward to the subframe? What do you mean by "hub side"? Are you talking about the lower control arm? I'm not sure, but if that's what you're talking about, you're probably going to have to completely back the nut off on the front of the tension-strut (measure first how far up the threads it is so you can put it back in about the same place when you're done as that affects alignment) BEHIND the subframe (towards the rear of the car) so that you can move the rod forward, then I'd think you'd need to seperate the lower ball-joint from the spindle and the lower shock mounting bolt so you can pry the lower control arm back to remove the tension-strut from the arm. If your car is high mileage and has never been taken aprt before, you'll probably need plenty of penetrating oil and big hammer!!

I just replaced all the bushings on my tension-strut this past week, but I also replaced the lower control arm (as well as inner & outer tie-rods, too) at the same time.

If anyone has a better/easier way, please feel free to post it!

If that's NOT what you're talking about - NEVERMIND!! :D

Dennis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts