TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been trying to get this swap running now for about a month i have sunk just about 4k into this car with no luck still. My problem is it will start.....but it takes about 20 turns to start (if it even starts at all) I have replaced the ECM....no luck.....I have had all my wiring checked.......I have about 35 psi fuel pressure at the rails. I have spark. I have voltage going to the injectors. Sometimes it will run half way decent with smoke pouring out the rear....then you kill it and it won't fire again. Please help me guys. I am out of money.......tired and I even LOST my job due to this car not running. Anything you guys can think off.

-Derrick-

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I must also add my climate control will not come on and it is just blowing air All my fuses seem to be ok. I don't know if it's related but it could be.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Well, I'm going to go out on a limb and say judging by your "coming soon" list in youor sig, that the SCT tune may be whats missing. If the EEC can't adjust to all the new goodies, then it will run like crap. I'm no guru, but I would think it's possible.

Jay

·
Tinfoil hat wearer
558 Posts
He's got the tune From Lonnie. He just hasn't updated his Signature. His car Is sitting in my garage

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Ahhhhh, well then...hmm.. have you hit it with a hammer?? :D

Is it possible that the chip is loose in the ECM or not making contact correctly? What does the smoke look/smell like when it does run?

Jay

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
messed up timing? cam timing chain off a link or two?

MG

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
If your MAF is bad you could run across this. Unplug it and see if it runs.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok update.......the car is running now.......weirdest thing...all i did was let the car sit overnight came back the next day and it fired. I do have to hold the pedal to the floor to get it to start, and at idle it's a bit rough. Also i still have no climate control/ no defrost and when i plug a scanner into my OBD2 plug i get nothing......i checked all fuses. Does anyone have an idea what this could be? I'm betting money whatever is causing these things not to work is what is causing my rough idle and causing me to have to hold the pedal to the floor to start it the car. Any ideas?

-Derrick-

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Fast96Tbird said:
Also i still have no climate control/ no defrost and when i plug a scanner into my OBD2 plug i get nothing......i checked all fuses.
Link to SATC self test thread. It will (hopefully) tell you what's wrong there. Might be unrelated to your other problem. Does/did the 97s have the climate control sensor in the intake valley hardline? If so, what did you do about that? Sorry, I can't be more helpful on the other, but my swap went very well.

Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts