Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this topic has been gone over before but i still need some guidence

here are my 3 options

ngk iridium ix tr55ix
autolite double platinum app104
bosch platinum +4 4459

i have 8 of each plug but dont know which will be better for me the motor is stock i just went back to the stock air box from a k&n cone the only upgrade is 8.5mm wires

thanks for any and all help

kevin

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
my buddy does dirt oval racing he uses them. i got a set of double platinum had em for a year now and not a single problem.
autolite also has iridium
+3 autolites

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
what're you gonna do with the NGK's? :)

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I dont like platinums only standard copper core plugs

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
For a stock 95 T-Bird with 4.6, you will see no benefit in fuel mileage or horsepower from either the 8.5 mm wires or the double platinum plugs.

In fact, my 95 T-Bird hated the double plats and insisted that I replace them (by refusing to run properly...lol)

The only benefit from the plats are a longer interval between changes. The copper plugs give a better spark, but wear out much quicker.

The stock Motorcraft wires and Motorcraft plugs worked great in my car, and the only aftermarket plug I would use is an Autolite equivalent to stock.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well the double plats just went in today can really tell any diff from the ngk irridium that were in it guess i will try copper in a year or so

kevin

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't know about on the 4.6, but in the 3.8 Bosch=real bad idea. Way too hot, burned mine up in a month or so. I would use autolites or, don't hate me for this, regular ole motorcraft.

·
Registered
175 Posts
depends on how long you're gunna go before checking/changing them again.

if you want to put them in and forget about them, autolite double platinums.

if you just want to blow extra $ for no reason go nuts. they all do the same job.

i personally use tr55 ngk's but have no real reason as to why I chose them over autolites this time.

I've run just about every plug/wire combo you can come up with a new vs. new I can't say I've ever noticed a difference between them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts