TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1990 Supercoupe

i just let the cooling system drain and then opened up the tube thing by the thermostat that says "remove during coolant refill" so i removed it and added the flush treatment and then as i was adding water from a gallon jug it was already full!! after only 1 gallon of water and little bit of flush treatment!!

so i put the radiator cap back on and the other plug back in, started it up and thought it would circulate through the system. shut the SC off. Theres nothing in the overflow resivoir.....and when i popped of the radiator cap there was barely any pressure after running for 2 minutes............Heres what gets me........i unscrewed the plug thing by the thermostat this time and foam is coming out!!!?!?!!? not oily or anything like that......just white foam??!!???

whats goin on here?

·
Registered
204 Posts
The cooling system holds 11.8 qts. and you have to remove the block drain plugs to get it all out, so you've only drained the rad. The foam may be left over from your flush treatment. Make sure to test or just replace the rad cap (16lb.).
Put the rod back in but not tight, fill the rad until you see coolant coming out the bottom of the rod, then tighten it. Start the engine, increase the rpms, top off the rad, put the rad cap on, fill the overflow to the lower line (cold), let the car idle until the fan comes on. The overflow may go up to the hot line which is OK. Watch the level over the next couple of days. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts