TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled in to best buy today to get my stereo back cause it wouldnt come on...i put the stereo back in and i turned it on and it worked for about 10 seconds then it shut back off and i went to start my car and i pressed on the brake to shift out of park and the shifter will not move at all. To get it to move you have to shut off the car and put it in nutral and start it then it will move. What happend? I need to be able to shift it. Also my power seat wont work and my door locks wont work either. I got under there to check some of the fuses and they all look ok...so i dunno what this could be ive never had this happen. Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there some kind of sensor some where telling the car when i press the brake to shift it out of park? Is there a fuse some where, because now my door locks dont work, my brake lights dont work, my seats dont work, my windshield wipers dont work, and my stereo dosent work. The only way to get the car out of park is to turn the key forward and shift it in to neutral then start the car and shift it in to drive. Or could there be a short some where cause this all didnt start happening untill i got my stereo back from pioneer and put it back in the car. Any help is appriciated because i cant drive the car right now or else i will get pulled over. Thanks

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Yes, It's called the BOO (Brake on/off) switch and is located behind the brake pedal. Be sure to also check the main fuse block under the hood.

-Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts