TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Lincoln Mark viii and the rear upper control arm bushing that adjusts camber is shot, and I figure while I have the arm out I'd replace the one that attaches to the knuckle to. I see them listed for the cougar and Thunderbird but not The Mark are they the same? Also is there a reliable source for the camber bushings, I've heard of them being misdesigned and its like a luck of the draw.

·
Super Moderator
5,132 Posts
It's the same spindle and upper control arm bushings as the MN12, yes. There's a sticky (the "Public Service Announcement" one) in the Suspension subforum (hey, the one we're in!) that describes the change.

RwP

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Reactions: Woodman

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok I ordered the camber bushings from SCP today 80 bucks isn't terrible. But he was telling me that the bushing that goes on the end by the knuckle isn't available from anyone. He said the only option is Delrin or Poly and the poly are closer to stock but they're $180. Im not racing the car or doing any corner carving, I just cruise it. Is there anywhere to get them? If the spindles are the same why cant I use Cougar or Thunderbird parts? I think Pep Boys actually carries them. I think they're MOOG Part Number K8588?

I looked at the sticky about bushings but it refers to someone named Doug who Im guessing has passed away because it says RIP after his name ever time.

Also in the sticky I read something about Energy Suspension making bushings I found them listed for the Thunderbird theyre Part# 4.3163G
would these work?

·
Super Moderator
5,132 Posts
Well, DLF died - but Jay Richmond (98Mark8LSC here; Jay Richmond on Facebook) took it over.

Since the spindles are the same, yes, the MN12 (Tbird/Cougar) bushings will fit.

RwP

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just recently ordered the upper and inner bushings from SCP and have not one complaint. Then again I also replaced every lower and upper rear control arm with poly bushings except for the ones aforementioned in this post.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,527 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats awesome thank you. I wasnt sure if the Mark used some kind of special bushing. Its odd all the parts vendors treat it as if it was a totally different car from the T Bird Or Cougar. Also Energy Suspension only lists it on their web page for the T-Bird.

Do you know what size the nut is that holds the axle shaft to the hub?

I replaced a knuckle on my first Mark almost 11 years ago. If I remember right the knuckle is held in with torx, but was a real PITA to get in and out. I just dont remember why. Any tips or info guys?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Thats awesome thank you. I wasnt sure if the Mark used some kind of special bushing. Its odd all the parts vendors treat it as if it was a totally different car from the T Bird Or Cougar. Also Energy Suspension only lists it on their web page for the T-Bird.

Do you know what size the nut is that holds the axle shaft to the hub?

I replaced a knuckle on my first Mark almost 11 years ago. If I remember right the knuckle is held in with torx, but was a real PITA to get in and out. I just dont remember why. Any tips or info guys?
Info on the removal:
Super Coupe Club of America

I think the Mark bolts are harder to remove because the LCAs are aluminum, and the tabs are thicker. So less clearance.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,132 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts