TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a few days ago about swapping the mustang/exploder 4.6 into my 97 bird. Well from the diagonstic results my bird needs: New PLug wires, a new plug in the #2 cylinder, a new EGR valve, new upper radiator hoses, new power steering hose(reccemonded) and radiator cap, new gas cap and more anti-freeze. I am planning on fixing these problems in hoping it fixes my car. I need a little help. I have no clue where the EGR valve is located or how to change it. Is it difficult? I could use some step by step instructions on how to replace it. Also the plug wires. I know how to replace the wires but the way they go underneath the alternator is messed up. What is the easiest way to replace the wires??? As far as the #2 cylinder, standing in front of the car looking at the engine which is the #2 cylinder, or am I just stupid and it's the one with the wire labled 2 on it??? The hoses I believe I can do my self with a little beer(say a 12 pack). And if this dosen't fix it I'm gonna shoot some AAA diagonstic people. I need all the help I can get with the valve and wires. BY the way my bird is a 4.6L V8. I can be reached at [email protected] I thank everyone who takes the time and responds to help me.

Thank you very much,

Nick in St.Louis GO RAMS!!!!!

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
prime said:
I posted a few days ago about swapping the mustang/exploder 4.6 into my 97 bird. Well from the diagonstic results my bird needs: New PLug wires, a new plug in the #2 cylinder, a new EGR valve, new upper radiator hoses, new power steering hose(reccemonded) and radiator cap, new gas cap and more anti-freeze. I am planning on fixing these problems in hoping it fixes my car. I need a little help. I have no clue where the EGR valve is located or how to change it. Is it difficult? I could use some step by step instructions on how to replace it. Also the plug wires. I know how to replace the wires but the way they go underneath the alternator is messed up. What is the easiest way to replace the wires??? As far as the #2 cylinder, standing in front of the car looking at the engine which is the #2 cylinder, or am I just stupid and it's the one with the wire labled 2 on it??? The hoses I believe I can do my self with a little beer(say a 12 pack). And if this dosen't fix it I'm gonna shoot some AAA diagonstic people. I need all the help I can get with the valve and wires. BY the way my bird is a 4.6L V8. I can be reached at [email protected] I thank everyone who takes the time and responds to help me.

Thank you very much,

Nick in St.Louis GO RAMS!!!!!
Im pressed for time as I type this, but here goes:

The plugs and wires are an easy replacement - do one at a time and yes, the number on the wires indicate which cylinder they go to. You should NOT replace one plug or one wire unless they are all relatively new and one was defective. Replace them all. The EGR assembly is to the right of the 4.6L on the top of the upper intake manifold. It looks like a UFO. It is also relatively easy to remove and replace - not so on the pre 96 cars. Is your radiator cap (for the Degas bottle) not sealing properly?

Two things to remember when doing plugs and wires:
1. Use anti-seize compound on the plug threads and Di-electric grease on both ends of the plug wire boots.
2. Disconnect one plug and wire at a time so you don't get them mixed up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts