TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok as most of you already know i changed my transmission filter and put new valve cover gaskets on my car also and when i degreased my motor and then hosed it off my idle screwed up on my and the problem with that was that my TPS sensor (throttle postitioning sensor)....ok so i fixed that problem...now i got another problem....now when i rev my car up it seems like it dies down then revs up....heres how i can explain it when i rev it up its like itpauses then revs up for some reason anyone know what i am talkin about???.....IM DUMB WHEN IT COME TO THESE THINGS SO BARE WITH ME AGAIN!!!

oh yea its a 91 thunderbird 3.8L non sc
Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
538 Posts
When does this happen

Does this happen when you are driving and reving when you step on the gas, or is this happening as you are in park and reving it?

BeirutsFinest

·
Registered
538 Posts
What

What exactly did you do with the TP sensor?...you may have fooled with it the wrong way and probably need some kind of adjusting.

BeirutsFinest

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well last night u and another guy was helpin me on telling what the problem was with my idling...and it was my TPS sensor....so today i went and bought a new one and put in on...then when i was driving tonight when i pulled up in my drive way...i reved my car up while it was in park and it seemed like it paused then reved up....

man if you have AOL....IM me at playajerz thats my screen name..its alot earier then talkin on these boards

Thanks
jay

·
Registered
604 Posts
Check the MAF. When the MAF is dirty or disconnected, there's a delay.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yes

yes, it is located right behind the airbox, all you need ias a q tip and some windex or brake cleaner, be careful...it's very sensitive.

BeirutsFinest

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys...you guys are like life savers...i was thinkin bout just junkin my bird and gettin a new car!!!!..ok so if my MAF sensor is bad or dirty will it cause my engine light to come on????

thanks
Jay

·
Registered
538 Posts
No, not really

No i don't think it would cause your engine light to come on....but it could lead to other problems which could cause your engine light to come on if it was really dirty.

BeirutsFinest

·
Registered
935 Posts
go to the Zone...

Hey man if you're still having trouble (and sometimes its hard to explain all the problems on these boards) go over to AutoZone and they will check your codes for free. I think that would be the best bet if your Check engine light is comming on.

Good luck and let us know what you find out to be the cause.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Try the MAF, like the others said. My dads car was running on 4 cylinders when the MAF went, so I can see how the engine would stall. Also you may want to try the fuel filter, it is the most over looked item. (besides the tranny filter). It is cheap and easy to do.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok guys i went to auto zone today and bought this little hand held code reader thing for fords...and it gave me 2 codes one was code number 22...which is my MAP sensor...and the other said something about my EGR valve.....so could this possible what is causeing mt engine light to be on???

thanks
Jay

·
Administrator
8,694 Posts
Yup!

That's what the check engine light is for. It let's you know that the computer is trying to tell you something, that you threw a code.

Joe

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok another question where is my MAp sensor located at and whats its look like???.....and how much do u guys thing one will cost??

Jay

1 - 16 of 16 Posts