TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys me and a couple buddies started my PI sawp this morning and are putting it all back together now. We are putting the new updated PI hardline in and I can't figure out how it goes. So can someone please help me out ASAP.

I got the new hardlind and water pump nipple with 5/8 hose and a 90* elbow, just a bit confused on how to mount it..

Thanks!

BTW pics would be great!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Ok,

Its kinda hard to explain without a picture...

Your previous coolant hose ran right down the middle of the "V" The new one will immediately bend to the right at the nipple, then go on the right side.

-Andrey

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
It'll go along the driver's side head, and bolt to the driver's side head instead of the passenger side head like stock. We used a 90deg. coupling and about 1.5 feet of 5/8th heater hose.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
madrussian is right. the new hard line bends immediately and runs against the drivers side head. make sure you bolt it to the back of the drivers side head (using the same bolt that was used to bolt the old line to the back of the passenger side head). this ensures that it wont move and slide off of the water pump nipple. then stick the 90* elbow in the heater core hose that connected to the old hardline and clamp it down with a hose clamp. then run the 5/8" heater hose you bought from the other end of the elbow to the new hardline and clamp both ends with hose clamps and your done. i wish i had a picture but i dont. hope this helps. anymore questions just post them up.

Frank

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks anyways guys! I just went ahead and did it how I thought it would be and I was right!

;)

The car is running fine now except it is idling much lower at about 450-500 rpms and it seems to be shifting way to soon (4000rpms at WOT). Don't really feel a difference either. I drove it around for a couple hours for it to relearn before I even got on it.

So after coming home unsatisfied, I poped the hood to see that the vacuum line that runs off the PCV valve to the plenum is clinched shut. Would this cause all my problems I am having? I need to get a 90* 5/8 elbow and some better 5/8th hose. I am using the 03 mustang plenum and the inlet on the plenum is 5/8ths instead of the T-Birds 3/8ths.

Anyone have an idea on what I should do?

Thanks!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Incredible what a vacum line can do uh???:leftright Gotta check my vacum lines on my 03 before I fire her up...

Good Luck Tony and hope you get it fixed.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Tony said:
I am using the 03 mustang plenum and the inlet on the plenum is 5/8ths instead of the T-Birds 3/8ths.

Anyone have an idea on what I should do?

Thanks!
why not just use your stock plenum? or you could go to a hardware store and get a male/male coupling to make it fit

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well after some rigging with some copper line and rubber hose, I got a good connection between the PCV and the plenum.

Now the problem is, all the same problems still exist! It is driving me crazy!!!

The car runs smooth as can be, but only idles at 500 and WOT shifts vary from 3900 all the way up to 5000 (normaly 5600 before swap). And the worst part is I feel NO difference! I even pulled my chip and reinstalled it to make sure.

The reason I went with the 03 plenum is because I bought the complete upper intake from Tx_Cat with the plenum, TB, IAC, TPS, and stuff. My stuff was all nasty!

Another question, you know the stock hardline?? What was that yellow wire that connected to it? Where do I put it? Right now it's just hanging there.

Anyone have any clue what could be wrong? I've checked everything. I changed the plugs and oil while I was at it too....

:mad:

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Tony said:
Well after some rigging with some copper line and rubber hose, I got a good connection between the PCV and the plenum.

Now the problem is, all the same problems still exist! It is driving me crazy!!!

The car runs smooth as can be, but only idles at 500 and WOT shifts vary from 3900 all the way up to 5000 (normaly 5600 before swap). And the worst part is I feel NO difference! I even pulled my chip and reinstalled it to make sure.

The reason I went with the 03 plenum is because I bought the complete upper intake from Tx_Cat with the plenum, TB, IAC, TPS, and stuff. My stuff was all nasty!

Another question, you know the stock hardline?? What was that yellow wire that connected to it? Where do I put it? Right now it's just hanging there.

Anyone have any clue what could be wrong? I've checked everything. I changed the plugs and oil while I was at it too....

:mad:
i didnt have any yellow wire connecting to my stock hardline. do you have auto climate control? (i dont) i know there was some concern about cars with the auto climate and how/where they would relocate the sensor for it. i guess one of the sensors for the auto climate is in the hardline in the valley.

also with the pi intake installed you should definitly notcie it. my car pulls hardcore all the way to the 5500-5600 shift points. i'm not sure what could be causing your weird wot shifts.

Frank

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey I thought of something!

When I had the front cover off I had me buddy clean it front and back with some engine degreaser. Well him nor I even thought about the cam and crank sensor still attacthed to it, well they got drenched in it. Would that cause any damage??

Could that cause any problems?

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Tony said:
Hey I thought of something!

When I had the front cover off I had me buddy clean it front and back with some engine degreaser. Well him nor I even thought about the cam and crank sensor still attacthed to it, well they got drenched in it. Would that cause any damage??

Could that cause any problems?
it might have. why did you have the front cover off? did you put pi cams in to?

Frank

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fdawg97lx said:

i didnt have any yellow wire connecting to my stock hardline. do you have auto climate control? (i dont) i know there was some concern about cars with the auto climate and how/where they would relocate the sensor for it. i guess one of the sensors for the auto climate is in the hardline in the valley.

also with the pi intake installed you should definitly notcie it. my car pulls hardcore all the way to the 5500-5600 shift points. i'm not sure what could be causing your weird wot shifts.

Frank

Frank
I do have the auto climate control, anyone know what I should do about that?

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fdawg97lx said:

it might have. why did you have the front cover off? did you put pi cams in to?

Frank
Yea I put cams in too!

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
guitar maestro said:
did you properly set your TPS sensor voltage when you put it back on?
What do you mean? How do you do that?

The TPS was already installed when I bought the intake...

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
Tony I'll post pictures tonight of what I did with the automatic climate control install, hope you saved your stock piece. I hate to be repeatative, did you time the engine correctly? If you have some carb and choke cleaner, spray in the areas where you might suspect vacumn leaks. If you find one, the car will surge when you spray the area and then you can investigate further. If still no solution, I would take out the sensors and clean them off (blow the crap outta them, if they are coated in brakecleen). Retorque them back in.

Good luck man, I just dropped my motor back into the car last night, been so busy, I don't even have time to upload the pictures. Was under the car at about 12:30 when I heard tires screeching and a big boom! I run out back and a car went into the trees, all the occupents fled the scene, one came walking buy me with a bloody face, talking about "you didn't see me" till the cops got em. Then I finished up at around 1AM, and now I'm leaving to go back at it. I'll try to get those pics tonight...

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I am 99% sure it is timed correctly. I got it at top dead center put white out on the links at the 6:00 position on the crank, then put white out on the links on the timing marks on the cam. Then I held the chains on the crank with some vice grips while I put the new cams in and lined the white out link up with the timing mark on the cam. I checked and rechecked to make sure all my marks were lined up, then turned the engine by hand a few times to make sure there is no contact.

Wouldn't the car run like crap if the timing was off?

Oh and I still have the stock peice, pics would be great!

Thanks guys...

EDIT: here is a pic

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Hey Tony those cams look nice in there. I just hope you can figure whats going on ... first thing i would do id check all electrical connections. Hope everything works out for you.

Any update ?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
there's a thread here and on modular depot i believe on how to set the TPS voltage, by adjusting the position of the TPS before tightening the screws......i don't know if it being off would cause your problems, but i would check it.....can't hurt.....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts