TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha guys. :D

I did a search on this question but couldn't find the answer I'm looking for.

What is the torque value on Torque converter and the valve body? :confused:

As for the valve body, I did find the value of 80 - 97in/lb but that looks rather low so I just wanted to double check. As for torque converter, I couldn't find anything. I have Chilton manual but it wasn't in there (or maybe I missed it).

Help me out on these please. I'm almoist finish with my converter swap and update my 1-2 and 2-3 accm. but I can't put the parts together because of this.

As always, thanks in advance guys.

Toshi
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,725 Posts
These figures ripped right from the 94 ford manual:

Converter-to-Flywheel Nuts 20-34 Lb-ft

Cover Plate-to-Main Control 100-130 (Lb-In)
Reinforcement Plates-to-Main Control 100-130 (Lb-In)
Main Control Guide Pin Bolts 140-160 (Lb-In)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,617 Posts
Use caution with those specs overtightening can be worse than under tightening. I torque the pin bolts to 120inlbs, the rest of the valvebody bolts to 100inlbs, the converter doesn't need to be torqued just don't use a big ole honkin impact on it and make sure you have good nuts.
Alan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
dirtyd0g said:
the converter doesn't need to be torqued just don't use a big ole honkin impact on it and make sure you have good nuts.
Alan
Are we still talking about tools? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it!!

And don't worry about tools. I hate using air-tools so I only use them only when abusolutely necessary. takes time wi hand tools but less breakage that way.

Converter nut look pretty good shape but just in case, I did replaced it though.

As always, thanks a lot, guys. Now I'm going outside to complete my project. It's 11:15am, nice, sunny and upper 80's here in Hawaii now.......... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aloha guys!! :znanner:

Just wanted to let everybody know that I finished my Project T-bird Trans. Unfortunately I couldn't modify the separator plate as per tech article due to unavailabilities of the drill bits, but most of the important stuff is done!! :thumbsup:

Updated the 1-2 accum. with updated springs (my stock bottom spring was broken into three pieces) and updated 2-3 accum. Also have updated TC.

Just finished about hour and half ago (11PM) and test drove it and WOW!! It was worth every minute of my labor!! :znanner: Can't wait 'till separator mod! I'm even considering J-Mod now.

Anyway, I'm so happy I just had to post it here and wanted to thank everybody for the help.

Toshi
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top