TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first posted over in the Interior section but I think I might get more feedback over here. I changed the heater core yesterday and put it back together but when I went to go start the car the fuel pump didn't come on. The seat/locks/windows/tailights or any of that stuff doesnt work either. I went back to double check all the plugs and all I could find is one small plug unattached and I'm not sure what its for, heres some pics:

Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
That looks all too familiar, as my 89 is down now getting a new heater core.

Did you take the heater box out and swap it that way, or did you remove the entire dash/instrument panel? I disconnected very few things, I had the AC evacuated so I could remove the heater box, which is what I did.

Sounds like a blown fuse in the high amp box in the engine compartment to me.

I can't get the drivers demister hooked back up and a couple of panels are getting new foam for sealing, but I hooked back up my alarm so I could roll up the windows and was going to start it to take it off the ramps so the doors would quit closing on my legs because it was windy.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bangster said:
That looks all too familiar, as my 89 is down now getting a new heater core.

Did you take the heater box out and swap it that way, or did you remove the entire dash/instrument panel? I disconnected very few things, I had the AC evacuated so I could remove the heater box, which is what I did.

Sounds like a blown fuse in the high amp box in the engine compartment to me.

I can't get the drivers demister hooked back up and a couple of panels are getting new foam for sealing, but I hooked back up my alarm so I could roll up the windows and was going to start it to take it off the ramps so the doors would quit closing on my legs because it was windy.
I didn't remove the heater box, I didn't even take out the whole dash. I moved it far enough back to just get the heater core in and out. Which in itself wasn't to bad. I checked all the fuses in the Distribution box and couldn't find anything wrong. Do these cars have a main fuse or something I don't know about?

Oh and yea the car is in my driveway which is pretty much a hill so I had to prop both of my doors open so they dont smash my legs either.lol

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ECU_Q said:
Its funny because my car never goes down without a fight whenever I do something to it. Turns out that I didn't have the bolt that goes through the connection tight enough. After I got it all squared away I didn't have any brake lights and I couldn't shift outta park so I did a search and found out that the plug going to the BOO switch broke. Now everything is working the way it should. Man I tell ya if its not one thing with this car then its another. lol.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Glad to hear you got it going, I am going to have to take a day off from work and get my cars back on the road. I haven't looked at the 89, I lost all the bolts that go in the top of the dash to the cowl :sigh: and I still am struggling to get the drivers demister tube back on the plenum.

So of course the brake friction material on my 2000 Grand Marquis decides to fall off of one of the rear brakes outboard pads (it happened last time on the inside of the other side) so it is metal on metal and not happy, and so the wife is driving the 97, which once it gets cold (brrr, it was 60 this morning hahahah) the shift interlock acts up, so I had to talk her through putting in in Off position, put in Neutral, start, and away you go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts