TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant figure out for the life of me, where the MLPS lever is supposed to bolt in! I didnt pay much attention to where it bolted, but I need to know where! Somebody please post a diagram or a picture of how it is supposed to hook up! It's for my 96 bird w/3.8 The new tranny is out of a 97 cougar w/3.8

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Close.....I need to see how the lever (orange rubbery piece) actually bolts on to the transmission. I'm goin to take a look at silver97bird's car tomorrow morning in hopes I can figure it out.

Thanks for the pictures though :).......................

Unless..........unless I was just stupid and left that piece on my old tranny. Shoot..........I'm gonna have to go check it........cause I see the piece now......and how it bolts up.........I hope the recycling center hasnt put it through yet.

Just in case, does anybody know a ford PN for that? :D

·
Registered
704 Posts
Just in case, does anybody know a ford PN for that? :D
Go to oreilly or auto zone and tell then you need a "neutral safey switch"..
same thing.. much cheaper than getting one from Ford.

FWIW.. hope this helps

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man, If there was a way to give reps on the site, then i'd give ya one for the pictures!

Actually, stupid me did forget to take that part off the other tranny. Thank God that the recycling center hadnt put it through yet, the tranny was sittin right on top where I left it :D

Tranny will be done today!

:zbeer: :headbang:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.