TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bloody driver's window motor has finally died. Found the Dorman 74410 plastic buttons @ O'reillys and now I can't figure how to remove the little reflector to reveal the retaining bolt. As old as this baby is I DO NOT want to break any plastic. It is starting to get brittle everywhere thanks to our summer heat. I just noticed the other day the piece between the top of sterring column and the clear bezzel is cracked. Anyway, I tried prying up from the bottom at the little notch and it doesn't seem to want to turn loose. The service CD doesn't show how it attaches. Is it just interference fit or is ther a tab? Thanks for sharing your experience.

·
Super Moderator
5,371 Posts
What little reflector?

Can you attach a picture of what you're talking about?

RwP

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What little reflector?

Can you attach a picture of what you're talking about?

RwP
Here isa similar diagram showing the screw in the lower right behind the little red panel.

·
Super Moderator
5,371 Posts
Here isa similar diagram showing the screw in the lower right behind the little red panel. View attachment 41515
I still don't see a reflector.

I DO see the door cup.

I'd have to gander one to see if it pulls top or bottom; I think that front end may pull out and the back ease out.

As to the screw ... that's also under the switch panel. What year is yours again? They have a screw, a pop and I think the 94-97 are screwed into place.

(Not sure on the 94-97 ... )

EDIT: Irv's comment set me straight. It's a light on my 1991; later years it's just a reflector.

Again WHICH YEAR is your MN12? Stuff changes from 1989 to 1997 ... Looks, your .SIG says a 1997. Is that what this is for? If so, don't sweat the reflector; it's not where the screw is.

RwP

·
Registered
92 Posts
The courtesy light in the door was decontented to a solid red reflector lens with no light in '97.

Do not pry the reflector lens from the bottom center where the tab on the lens is. If you break that tab, you're not getting the lens back onto that receptacle without adhesives. That tab doesn't flex; it anchors the lens in the receptacle and prevents it from falling out.

·
Registered
1994 XR7 , 46 most every option. 66.000 miles. rustfree, from washington state.
293 Posts
94-6 have 1 more bolt after you pop the switch panel off around the door handle.
i would assume the 97 has it too. then raise the whole panel from the bottom.
there are angled fingers pointing down that hold the door panel. bolt will have a 7
mm head and hold a ground strap.
at least from 91 on all panels were held on by these fingers. dont ask how i found out
back in the early 90s.

Reactions: Irv

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is one of the easiest door panels I ever removed. No dumb clips, just simple hooks. I have a 96. Everything I read here applies to you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got brave this afternoon when the sun came out. Used a knife along the top until I found the two little clips that made it all come loose. Here are a couple photos that may save someone some grief. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
The courtesy light in the door was decontented to a solid red reflector lens with no light in '97.
Yet another option the 97's DON'T have, lol!

Al

1 - 10 of 10 Posts