TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of SC ground effects to put on the Cat, but am having some difficulty removing the front bumper cover.

All bolts and screws from the sides and bottom are removed, even the inner ones from the fenders, and the ones behind the turn signal lamp.

What I can't get at though are the bolts/screws holding in the bumper cover behind the headlights.

If anybody's ever taken off a Cougar bumper before, I could really use your help here:

Am I to remove the headlights by themselves? Is there a whole panel that comes off? Something else I'm missing?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I did this about a year ago and it wasn't fun. Anyway I'm not sure if you got them but on the inside where the fender and bumper cover meet there are two nuts on each side that need to be removed. DO NOT remove the headlights because they are hard to realign and it isn't necessary, the panel that holds in the headlights can't be removed without removing the bumper cover. Tomorrow I'll look at my cougar and see if I can remember any other spots that are kind of hidden. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah-hah, it did :).

I was about to remove my lights, and didn't because of your post.

Wanna know what I forgot to undo? The little 'Z' piece of plastic that is under just behind the licence plate bracket. Here I was cursing and swearing at the (stupid $%$#^*! piece of $#!T!!!!!) bumper cover, and it was one little screw :D!

So, it's off now, and the front and back SC bumper covers are now on. The front one is in BAD shape though, a puncture hole in it, 2 tears on the underside, and most of the 'teeth' are broken.

Oh well, they can all be fixed :).

BTW - check for a new post on 'How do I affix SC side mouldings?",

Thanks!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hey can you post some pics? i've been debating to do the SC conversion on my cat as well.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can tell you this - it's confusing as hell!!! I've been so used to seeing them on my brother's Bird, and now it looks like a combo of each. The SC has 2 holes on each side of the licence plate bracket, and it's really wierd to be without a Cougar bumper.

The SC bumper is more squared looking, as the Cougar bumper has a severe slant to it.

Somebody could do a photoshop of SC stuff on a Cougar, as I don't anticipate having pictures for months. No camera, no pics! Also, it's a black car with white bumpers, and looks really wierd.

Actually, if somebody WOULD do that for me, I'd be appreciative. And, could you do it in 2 colors? 1 in this blue: http://www.slateandcopper.com/Stillwater/colors/harbor blue.jpg , and another in this red: http://www.cherryredchicago.com/redred300.gif

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah - the Cougar Fogs are still in the original position, and are still 100% visable, so they stay.

What I want to do, is get myself another set of those lights, and mount them where the SC's are, in the corners, and about 3" lower than the Cougar's fog lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts