TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i had this problem before it i fixed it. when i put some gas on the rpms jsut drop like 500 or more sometimes and sometimes it almost feels like it is going to stall. it was either my spark plugs or the spark plugs wires but i changed them and it ran fine after than a month or so it has been doing it again. and i can not figure what it is now.
i have done the following so far. new alternator, new iac, new maf sensor, new egr solenoid, changed coolant and thermostat and coolant sensor. so pretty much now i am stuck at what else it could be. maybe the egr valve? i changed the egr solenoid because it though out a code that it was in stuck in wide open.
but the thing that gets me is before i got a new maf i unhooked the maf sensor and drove it and it worked fine so i went out and bought the new maf sensor and put it in and still does the same thing rpm dropping. so i disconnected the new sensor and works just fine so now i am just running my car without the sensor until i can figure this problem out. another i noticed is that my transmission fluid is overfilled so dont know if that could cause it. but could it be a bad computer in my car? if it helps i have about 150,000 miles on my car now.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
are you throwing any codes? Kind of sounds like either TPS or some kind of fuel problem.
-Thomas

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well no codes yet after i put in the maf sensor i reset the computer. have not looked at the plugs yet. they are only like two months or so old. probably look at tthem tom if it nice out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts