TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...i just ordered my flowmaster 40's with the V6 conversion resonator....i was told this is bolt on however on one of my pipes (i have a picture if you need a visual-just give me an addy) is welded on. So how can this be bolt on? Im in cali so you know these exhaust shops wont touch this. Can I get some advice before I start on this and how to do this?

Thanks

Robert

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
If it's a cat-back they will.

bolt-on sometimes means weld-on too.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh crap.

i got the directions too and it says i have to cut the pipe 12inches from the resonator...I bet that joint will need welded.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THIS WAS A B*****! I was worried bout the cutting but the real deal is gettin it to hang on the hangers right. NOT FUN. That was honestly the hardest part. Also it takes two people to slide that resonator on.

All and all, im satisfied with the install...sounds good too.

Thanks everyone.

I mean it. I cant say how much I love this site.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
???????????????

???????????????
question: I get this knocking sound from under the vehicle like near the rear passenger seat after I drive for a while on the highway and then it does it everytime I accelerate. At first I thought I was dragging a muffler like it fell off the hanger or something but everything looks fine.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Does it hit on the small brace that goes across the vehicle? My flowmaster kit rattled against it at first, but a cut-off wheel fixed it well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts