TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got the tc shudder. Changeed filter and replaced fluid and it wasn't a total fix but barely does it now. When driving at a steady pace it feels like I lose tranny rpm goees up then it comes back. Will do this once or twice then be fine.when I'm driving it hard and fast it works fine. Any suggestions on what the problem is would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,576 Posts
You used Mercon V, correct? And elaborate on what you mean by "When driving at a steady pace it feels like I lose tranny rpm goees up then it comes back." Do you mean the RPM flares while cruising?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I used mercon v. I didn't do a complete flush just replaced what I lost from dropping the pan. When I'm cruising at a steady pace it feels like it goes into nuetral than back in gear but it doesn't do this all the time. Now if I'm hard on the throttle it runs fine. My od button does not work so its always in od. Also I recently found out my maf is bad

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I'd sort out what's wrong with the OD Button & budget for future Tranny.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,576 Posts
The fluid in the TC accounts for about 50% of the total fluid you'll get out of these transmissions, so if you didn't drain it when you changed the fluid, you've only got MAYBE half good fluid. Another quart or two gets trapped above the valve body; what sits in the pan is 4-5 quarts out of the total 12.

OD button not working is probably broken wires in the console. Pull it and have a look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts