TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So every once in a great while I go to start my 94 bird (which is daily driven) and the battery is dead. Yesterday when I put a charger on it I noticed a buzzer noise in the dash like a solenoid chattering. I wiggle the ignition and it stopped. I'm guessing whatever it is is killing the battery. Thoughts?

Thanks!
David

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? Car was dead again last night (key in the ignition) car started this morning (key out of the ignition

·
Super Moderator
10,772 Posts
I'd bet the door is sagging enough to leave the interior lights on, or the key in the ignition indicator buzzer is in wrong, and runs constantly when the door switch is open.

I had that problem...

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Get a multimeter that can measure current and place it in series with the rest of the car. This means
Disconnect positive cable from battery.
Put multimeter neg on battery positive.
Put multimeter pos on positive cable (so all current being drawn by the car is mesured by the multimeter).

Check the reading. If it's more than a few mA, you've got some kind of drain somewhere.

My best guess is that button that tells the car that the door is ajar or not. That could trigger the buzzer noise.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is the switch built into the latch? I yanked all my interior light bulbs years ago trying to troubleshoot this thing. I don't recall ever seeing them on though.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
is the switch built into the latch? I yanked all my interior light bulbs years ago trying to troubleshoot this thing. I don't recall ever seeing them on though.
IIRC:
If you look at where the door meets the hinges on the car's body (vs on the door) there should be a small button between the two hinges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts