TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 mark vIII cruise does not function. Where would you start? I've got an abs light and a random cel

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
On both a Cougar and a Crown Vic, I have bypassed the brake light switch on the brake pedal. Works like a charm, and everything on the cruise control functions normally afterwards.

I first tried it with a thick paper clip in the connector to jump it, and once I found it worked, I used a snap lock connector to connect the two wires running to the connector.

You would think that you have to use the on/off switch to release the cruise, but tapping the brake still works! I can't explain it, but it works! It was first recommended by RobertP.

Al

·
Registered
147 Posts
I believe the CC has two safety shut off features - one on the brake pedal and one hydraulic on the MC.

Glenn

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Yes, everything works normal.

Al

·
Registered
584 Posts
Years ago on a Pontiac Sunbird, my cruise wouldn't work. I had earlier been cleaning the car and removed some of the old padding & stuff around the brake pedal linkage... Turns out that prevented the brake pedal from being in the right position to allow the cruise to work.
I discovered, while driving, that if I pulled the brake pedal towards me with my foot, the cruise worked... Let it go, it plopped back down and cut out...

I put the foam back, problem solved.

Totally don't know if that is the case here, but can't hurt to check. While driving, just pull the brake pedal forward with your foot under it a little, see if that has any effect.

Just a thought :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts