TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks, my windshield wipers only function in the fastest position and do not return to home when I turn them off. This car has had the dashed swapped and I do not know if they functioned correctly before the swap. Would you lean towards a turn signal stalk issue or wiring? I would think if I had something incorrect after the dash swap they would not function at all. Also as a side note I have a power to radio issue I need to trouble shoot as well.

Thanks
David

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,461 Posts
The radio gets its power from a radio-trim-level specific harness that mates to the dash harness; you may have left that unplugged. As far as the wipers... I'd gravitate first towards the MFS being screwy since they do tend to be a common wear/fail item.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you saying that there
is another location besides directly behind the radio I should be looing at for the radio issue?

·
Super Moderator
10,926 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,461 Posts
Sorry, missed the reply.

The radio harness plugs in to the dash harness somewhere either near the center or on the passenger side (can't remember exactly where) but if it's unplugged, you wouldn't have any power for the radio, despite the rest of the electrical system checking out.

·
Super Moderator
9,461 Posts
At the very least you may need to yank the glove box and/or air bag. I seem to recall it being between the air bag and radio area... again, don't quote me on that. :D

·
Super Moderator
9,461 Posts
That I can't say... I've never done it. :leftright

1 - 10 of 10 Posts