TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day I was on the freeway and I heard alound kinda of a banging noise coming from the engine, then I noticed that the check engine light was on. I pulled over and to my surprise one of the plug wires was out of the socket. All the plugs and the wires looked bad so i replaced them. At first I replaced the plugs only and started the car it sounded bad and the engine would kinda shift like if it was struggling so i changed the wires. It runs fine now but the check engine light is still on. Does anyone have any clue to what the problem might be?
thanks
Jose

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Welcome to the site.

The code was set and is kept in memory. If you didnt reset your ecc... your fuse box under the hood ... pull fuse #15 for a few mins and replace. Your car will run alil "weird" for a few miles til the eec can relearn basic strategies. Also may want to look into the tech articles for more basic maitenance and troubleshooting needs. Also use the search button.

·
Registered
175 Posts
With OBDII, it takes 100 starts without the problem for the light to turn itself off. You could disconnect the computer to do this faster.(either do what ITT-BIRD said, or disconnect the battery for 15+ minutes).

When you start it back up, even if the problem still exists, the light will stay off for a little bit, and it will come back on if the problem persists.

If not, you're good to go.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
nidex said:
With OBDII, it takes 100 starts without the problem for the light to turn itself off. You could disconnect the computer to do this faster.(either do what ITT-BIRD said, or disconnect the battery for 15+ minutes).

When you start it back up, even if the problem still exists, the light will stay off for a little bit, and it will come back on if the problem persists.

If not, you're good to go.
That's wierd... My '97 Chevy truck threw a SES lighs last weekend, P1345, something about Crank/Cam Correlarion... I dunno... anyway, I unplugged the crank sensor and plugged it back in, and after like 3 starts, the SES light went away.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
if u disconect fuse 15, when u have it off try starting the car...it wont run...then replace it back...its all reset then...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Cougar281 said:

That's wierd... My '97 Chevy truck threw a SES lighs last weekend, P1345, something about Crank/Cam Correlarion... I dunno... anyway, I unplugged the crank sensor and plugged it back in, and after like 3 starts, the SES light went away.
That's strange, I've heard from a few different sources that it was 100 fresh starts. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
nidex said:

That's strange, I've heard from a few different sources that it was 100 fresh starts. Oh well.
Maybe it's a GM thing... Or maybe the bulb burned out :leftright

1 - 7 of 7 Posts