TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need alot of help with my 1995 4.6. It has been acting up alot lately. First it started to throw codes about once a month when pushed hard saying my #2 bank is running lean. After reading the code book I come to find this is the right hand bank. I believe this is the passenger side bank. Anyways, that code now pops up weekly, and I can't get it to go away. I look at the car and everything looks fine, it performs fine, it just throws codes. I was told it could be the Fuel Pressure Regulator but I am not positive it is the problem and since I'm a poor college student going back to school in a month, I can't afford to buy and install parts that don't fix the problem. Is there any way to tell if that IS the problem? Also can an aftermarket adjustable regulator be used in place of the stock regulator with the same results? And how do I go about adjusting the pressure?
Now for the next problem. I have a problem in the transmission or around it. When under light throttle especially at highway speeds I feel a clunking in the footweels of the car by the transmission tunnel. It is obvious the vibrating/thumping is coming from the transmission area, but what could it be? I checked for loose heat shields on the Cats and that is not a problem. Could it be a transmission mount or somethin more serious like a torque converter or the transmission itself? Also, how difficult is it to replace a transmission mount if it is broken, and how do I find out if it is or not? Thanks for any help you can give me on this. :confused:

K

·
0 Posts
Had the same problem

Alright, had a 1995 bird that threw system too lean on both banks. More often than not its a vacuum leak. Replace the $5 gasket in the intake manifold and it might fix the problem. Also check all your vacuum hoses to see if they are connected ot cracked or anything else... Other than that you should replace your fuel filter. Its under the passenger side door. A clogged filter can lower your pressure enough to register a code. I'd check the regulator last. Good luck.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Clean the MAF, tech article. If that doesn't fix it I would look at O2 sensors also. High mile cars that have run poorly for a long time ruin them.

If you only have one bank consistently lean, you may just have dirty injectors.
Buy the top end injector cleaning solvents and double up on the mix. Valvoline or Techron are my favorites.

rm

·
Registered
573 Posts
One of my first mods was the MN12 MAF mod- boring the MAF sampling tube(just say no!). My car would consistantly throw right side lean codes and few if any left side codes, until I went back to a stock MAF. I agree, clean the MAF and check for a possible vac. leak. I would lean(no pun intended;) ) toward the MAF as the culprit.

Peter

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Peter...

Do you have a website? I just wanted to see a closeup pic of your car. Looks tempting in the little icon there. Thanks.

Jim

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have to confess. The icon is a Photoshop touchup. It's only silver. BUT- one day I would like to do that paintjob. (sorry-no website right now, but if you want I can email a larger version)

Peter

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Hey if you could, I'd still like to see a larger version of that. It looks nice anyway.

Jim

·
Registered
573 Posts
Look in the Misc. section of the Forums. I'm posting a poll on it...

Peter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts