TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my oldelst sister let one of my younger sister's borrow her 99 Ford Windstar, when my oldest sister got the van back....the inside was covered in mold, does anybody have any ideas to get mold out of a car? its everywhere!!!!! the seatbelts, the dash, the chairs man it sucks!!! i shampoo'd the carpets some but of the mold still came back....any ides on how to get it out of seatbelts and hard stuff like that? thanks alot

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I went through the same thing in my T-bird and my Ranger. I took the seats out and scrubbed everything with soapy (dish soap) water and a scrub brush. And lots and lots of Renuzit in a spray bottle.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
How in the world was mold even able to grow in there?? Has to be something to do with moisture penetrating the interior of the vehicle and not being able to ventilate properly....

Mold is not good, it can get you sick, I would have it professionally detailed.

Look at the cars that were in Katrina... they are junk now.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
You could try vinegar. Chlorine and water mixed 1/3 chlorine works great around the house, but it might bleach out your interior. Can't imagine how you can get that much mold in a vehicle unless it got wet and sat closed up for a long time.

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Mold is not good, it can get you sick, I would have it professionally detailed.
Is the car fully insured?

This would be the best thing to do. I do auto detailing in Houston and we get this alot. The best thing to do is pull everything out even the carpet. Its alot of work so be ready to spend alot if you want someone to do it for you. We charge anywhere from $500-$1000 to do this for you. If you want to do it yourself tomorrow I have to go into work to finish a flood car and can get you the name of the chemicals we use. Here is a link to our site that has a few pics from a car we did from Katrina http://www.thefinerdetails.com/tfdflood.htm

Chris

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i spayed vineger everyhere i saw mold, shampoo'd the carpets, chairs ect ect, so we will see how it turns out, i also left all the doors open so the car could vent for about 1 hour, then i closed it becuase it was gettin dark, and yea the car sat for about 2 weeks before we discovered it had mold in it

and btw im from houston myself, i used to live right off of FM1960 on the north end

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
i spayed vineger everyhere i saw mold, shampoo'd the carpets, chairs ect ect, so we will see how it turns out, i also left all the doors open so the car could vent for about 1 hour, then i closed it becuase it was gettin dark, and yea the car sat for about 2 weeks before we discovered it had mold in it
You will still have mold and mildew in the a/c vents and in the padding under the carpet.

and btw im from houston myself, i used to live right off of FM1960 on the north end
Cool. Our shop is in Humble off of 59 and the beltway.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aww man! mold sucks! well my sister said shes thinking about selling the van (i Dont know who's going to buy a mold infested van!?) because she dosent want to put anymore money into it, and i will talk to her about taking it to professionals, because im done with it

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea id let them know that it had a mold problem, im not that type of guy to rip someone off, because i wouldnt like it if somebody did it to me

·
Registered
199 Posts
yea id let them know that it had a mold problem, im not that type of guy to rip someone off, because i wouldnt like it if somebody did it to me
And mold can cause serious health problems and in extreme cases death so your sister really needs to let any potential buyers know about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts