TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an awia cdc-x227 head unit(without a warranty like an idiot). My fiance got it for me like 2 months ago. The problem with it is that it will play for a few seconds, then stop(the cd player itself is still on) and then after a few seconds, it will do it again and again and again. I tried a cd cleaner, and it actually did the pausing thing while it was trying to clean. This sucks driving around with no music. I can't even try the radio itself because antenna for the car was broken off last year because of a tree(long story). Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bob Kinee said:
... Anyone got any ideas?
Get a new headunit?:D I would say that the unit is probably screwed. Instead of paying to get that one fixed, just grab another one.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i hate to say it but......

I personally never had any luck with awia products when it comes to cd's. The little stereo in my house and personal cd players I have had always bite the dust prematurely. I don't know why. I don't buy their products anymore based on my experiances with them. I have had good luck with alpine's and kenwood headset but not kenwood speakers. Just my $.02

·
Registered
195 Posts
Oh, I forgot...

I dig the color of your car:cool:

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
I would go Pioneer.. seems to be 1 of the BEST brands out there (for headunits) hehe I personally don't love their speakers, or their amplifiers.

·
Registered
686 Posts
probly just a rumor but...

I used to work for Best Buy, the rumor around there was that Aiwa was Sonys test dummy company. Sony does own Aiwa as far as i know, but they also use them to test all their "we're not sure if this will work" technology in the real world market. I also have not had much luck with the few Aiwa products i have owned, so its not hard to believe.

-Greg

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hey bob, have you tried moving the headunit to the empy space below the climate controls? Maybe its the angle of the headunit that's causing it to skip.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Bob Kinee said:
I just bought an awia cdc-x227 head unit(without a warranty like an idiot).
lets not call you an idiot, (yet) there might still be some hope here. first where did you buy the unit? did you pay cash or did you use a CC? most everything has a manufactures warranty.

EDIT:

If you need help, your AIWA Authorized Service Center should answer all of your warranty questions, or call the AIWA Product Services Department at 1-800-BUY-AIWA.

WARRANTY TERMS

Product Type ----------------------------------- Labor -------- Parts
Home Audio, Car Audio, TV above 21" ---ONE YEAR --- ONE YEAR

http://www.aiwa.com/default.asp?page=warranty

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
best buy

I bought it at best buy. Well, when i took it back they were not the most helpful people in the world. I had not bought the best buy warranty, but I think there is a manufacturers warranty. It says something along of the terms like I have to ship it to them my cost(which is never reimbursed) and then i have to pay to have it shipped to me, at the closest aiwa tech place(god knows where that is).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts