TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, the subject is poli sci. im stumped on this question and i need help. the question is:

three provisions within the original constitution were designed to make sure that the us congress follows the rule of law in dealings with society. The original constitution therefore limits the powers of congress and at the same time protected the rights of the accused with three provisions in the articles of the constitution. Identify and explain how these three constitutional provisions guarantee that congress shall follow the rule of law.

thanks guys.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wow...its been a while since I graduated...this sounds like something from the Checks and Balances system...Where the three branches of the governments power are balanced so no one branch can have too much power...but maybe not...its kind of hard to tell without a textbook to look it up in. Maybe I'll read the constitution and get back to you...

·
Registered
801 Posts
i need to go back to school :D

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I was hoping for some sort of engineering question too. I don't even know what building the poli sci department is in on campus and I am a senior. But in any case, I would say it must be talking about the system of checks and balances built into the government, you know how anything Congress does must be approved by the President, things the President wants to do must be approved by Congress, the President picks Supreme COurt justices but they must be approved by Congress and however the Supreme Court fits into the check syster I dont' remember...I could be way off base though, I am an engineering student after all.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Not a lawyer but I think that one of them has something to do with checks and balences, one with ex post facto (someone cannot be charged with commiting a crime if the law was created after the fact), and I can't think of hte other one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts