TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys im taking this interviewing class and we have a project to do where we interview someone who holds a position in our desired field of study. i cant think of who to interview, and time is running out, so im gonna pretend that i want to work at a ford dealership as a manager or some other position of high rank like CEO, etc. now, i need help on figuring out questions to ask the person i interview, most likely i will interview a new car sales manager. so hit me with questions i could ask, i cant think right now so i need ideas. thanks fellas.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
"Tell Me About Yourself"

...is a good place to start.

Background, interests, hobbies, education/training, strength/weaknesses, why you're leaving your current position, .....and why you're the one for the job.

There's lots more....but this is a good place to start. Check this link, also: http://www.indiana.edu/~libpers/interview.html

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ironchopz. just so there's no confusion, i am interviewing him about his position. hes not leaving his job and im not applying for a job. this interview is just to help us (my class) get a better idea of what we should expect in the real world.

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
Ask: What kind of education/training they needed to get their current job.
What kind of responsibilities they have.
What kind of pay to expect.
Why this person decided to go into their field.
The best and worst part of their job.
If there is a future in the field.
If there is a demand for these kinds of people.

Hope this is the kind of stuff you were looking for... :D

~*~ Molly

·
Registered
180 Posts
"Day in the life of" questions what the manager does for the dealership day in and day out along with everything Dea47 mentioned

frank

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Where did he/she go to school?

How many years working there?

Does he/she like cars as a hobby?

What is he/she's favorite new car on the lot?

Sounds like a cool project. I am in a film school and currently have a documentary class where we do similar stuff. We just got finished interviewing each other and the person interviewing me asked me about my car of course. :D I never mind talking about my car. Everyone here knows how I like it a lot.
My next project is a short 3-5 minute portion of a documentary and I am going to do it on billards. I have to go to the pool hall, get a release form signed by the owner/manager and the pool players. I am looking foward to doing that one because it should be fun.

Are you editing this? If so what are you using?

Hope it turns out good.
-Shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts