TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm replacing my lower control arm. I've already gotten all the nuts off and removed the ball joint. The only thing keeping it in there is the bolt on the camber adjustment. I've hammered away but this thing just won't move. The nut is off and if I spin the bolt it just turns in place. Anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like it is corroded to the sleeve in the bushing. You could try heating w/torch, which will likely cause the rubber to burn/smoke. If that won't do, you might have to use a cut-off wheel to cut the bolt & remove the control arm. Good Luck!

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Actually sound like the concentric washer might be holding it on. Look to make sure it spins when you bolt spins and that the "ears" on it are lined up to go through the slots in the washer.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually sound like the concentric washer might be holding it on. Look to make sure it spins when you bolt spins and that the "ears" on it are lined up to go through the slots in the washer.
I don't know what you mean by this. When I spin the bolt the washers both spin.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I went out there and what you said was correct. I hammered the washer back even and the bolt came right out. Now with the arm off the car I'm working on the strut rod bushing. I can't get the sleeve off the strut rod.... Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Actually I went out there and what you said was correct. I hammered the washer back even and the bolt came right out. Now with the arm off the car I'm working on the strut rod bushing. I can't get the sleeve off the strut rod.... Any ideas?
Soak with penetrant and tap with hammer. Repeat.
I am guessing that the rubber bushing came off. If you bought the bushing kit it comes with new sleeves. Note that there are 2 and they slip together.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Lol I just did this the other night too. I was like damn this sleeve is on this strut rod tighter than I remember the last one. Air hammer and WD40 did the job just fine. On a side note, never buy the ACDelco strut rod to frame bushing kit, it does not include the proper hardware and flat out doesnt fit, unless mine was missing parts. Motorcraft FTW. The Delco strut rod to arm bushings work great though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts