TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I floor the gas and let off and try to apply the brake I get a hard pedal. Also when I do get the car to a stop which is hard to do my car barely idles. If I give it a little gas I can keep it running but runs like crap and still no brakes. I get good boost and vacuum from what I can tell from the boost gauge. I dont hear a hiss when I press the brakes so I didnt think it was my booster. The other day I did notice my brake light came on when I started it but my fluid seemed full. Im kinda stuck on what it could be. Today I popped the hood and found the part in the pic laying on top of my throttle body. I know it has to do with the vacuum lines but not sure where it goes. I didnt think this little hose would cause this but I figured I would ask. This has happened twice to me so far and im worried something bad could happen. This only happens when I give it hard boost. Please help!!

Sorry for the big pic but I want everyone to see everything.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
thats a check valve and it poped off somewhere creating a vaccum leak hence why the car is running rough and no or little vaccum to the brakes

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Do you still have the vacuum diagram sticker, usually on the fan shroud? It should show where that part goes. Your symptoms sound like a classic vacuum leak.

I don't know exactly how the SC is set up, but most supercharged cars use a vacuum canister to operate the vacuum-assisted power brakes. When idling or cruising under no boost, the canister has a vacuum pulled on it. When under boost (hence no vacuum), the canister operates the brake booster and, I assume, anything else that needs vacuum. The check valve isolates the canister when under boost.

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone.

Robert if you dont get a chance I will call Rodney and take a look at his bird.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Looks like a part off a Toyota.

Are you sure you are working on the correct car.

Today is the day. We are going to galveston beginning tomorrow.
I will be at Harbor Freight sometime today. I'll call you. You're off Vista correct?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts