TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well. Two days after I bought this damn thing, the engines knocking. No clue what to do. Need to know If there would be anyone available from the North East Kansas area to help me swap it. I'd pay you of course. I just don't feel comfortable doing it myself. I way overpaid for this car and now I find this. I really just don't know what to do.
1995 Ford Thunderbird 4.6

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,784 Posts
First of all, welcome!

Sorry to hear about the problem, how about going back to whoever you bought it from?

Joe

Reactions: wesrb

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,784 Posts
Lemon Law? Small claims court? Give it a shot, at least try to get your money back. Maybe you might even get to keep the car! :)

Obviously they sold you a POS, stick it to them.

Joe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lemon Law? Small claims court? Give it a shot, at least try to get your money back. Maybe you might even get to keep the car! :)

Obviously they sold you a POS, stick it to them.

Joe
I really don't have the money or more importantly the time to do that. I'm 18, work full time, and I'm still going to votech. Also I think in ks for the lemons law to apply it has to be sold by a dealer.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Bummer. Yeah, lemon law rules probably only apply to dealers. You could contact the seller, tell them that its developed a knock and ask them what they did to keep it from knocking? See if that gets any kind of reconciliation out of them. Maybe the PO was using an oil treatment like STP to keep down the knocking. Good luck with finding some local help. Maybe a Voc-Tech project car?

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,309 Posts
Post a video of it knocking.

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
960 Posts
Rod knock is typically heard at start up, when pull it's not flowing and the metals haven't expanded from heat. It's it a misfire? Does it run rough?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rod knock is typically heard at start up, when pull it's not flowing and the metals haven't expanded from heat. It's it a misfire? Does it run rough?
no other than that, it runs about right. The weird part of it all is that the dash is still showing acceptable oil pressure.

I'm going to do more investigating, but if we're being real its probably gonna need a new engine. So that being said, which 4.6 engines drop in without any problems, If possible I was gonna go with one from a mustang gt, but if there's a whole lot I have to do to get that to work then I won't.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts