TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my stick shift on my 95 tbird 3.8 v6, when I was driving down the road, and since I didn't cap/cover up the ends of the wire for the overdrive, I guess the wires crossed and short circuted my system. I was able to keep on driving, but all of a sudden my heat/ac went on even when the button was off, also the battery gauge went completely dead. I shut off my car for a moment, and then I started it up again. All other electronic stuff works, my stereo, blinkers, headlights, interior lights, etc. I am able to drive my car normally, but the heat/ac is always on, and I tried to turn down the fan speed and it stayed at the same speed. Also, the display is completely blank for the heat, even when i play with the controls, the display doesn't go on. I am only able to turn on heat/ac, but nothing will let me turn it off. What could have happened and how could I fix it???????

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All of my fuses are ok, but what was the website about?

·
Registered
589 Posts
All of your fuses are not ok. I did the same thing. When I checked my fuses they all looked ok, but it turns out that the run(?) fuse was blown, just the fuse blew under the plastic so you couldn't see it. Fix the wires then start replacing fuses until everything works.

Preston

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YOu guys are right, I brought it to the shop and they fixed it for me, but after they fixed it the airbag light started to blink :( Now my car has to go onto a computer to find out what is wrong with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts