TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys and Girls,

A friend of mine has a '95 Mustang GT Convertible w/ an auto transmission. He wants to swap out to a T-5 tranny. He has secured the T-5, but we're having problems getting a pedal assembly. He just went to a junk yard and found a 1997 V6 mustang w/ a standard tranny. The junk yard wants $75 for the pedal assembly. We assume it is the same as other pedal assemblies, but just to make sure, I wanted to ask if it is feasible to use the '97 V6 pedals in a '95 GT.

Never hurts to check, ya know?

Thanks for any help, information, and expertise you can give. :thumbsup:

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Yeah...same thing....

While you have the whole assembly out you might wanna upgrade the quadrant to the aluminium adjustable one.It is like 75 for the cable and quadrant.Should have talked to me,I could have got the pedal assembly cheaper.But you wont have any problems with it.
Thanks,
Chris

·
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Yeah...same thing....

LX-Tasy said:
While you have the whole assembly out you might wanna upgrade the quadrant to the aluminium adjustable one.It is like 75 for the cable and quadrant.Should have talked to me,I could have got the pedal assembly cheaper.But you wont have any problems with it.
Thanks,
Chris

Hey, thanks for your response Chris. My friend hasnt committed to the junk yard for a purchase. He wanted to know how much you wanted for your assembly and how long it would take to get here?

Thanks for your time and help

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Re: Re: Yeah...same thing....

66dvlbrd68 said:

Hey, thanks for your response Chris. My friend hasnt committed to the junk yard for a purchase. He wanted to know how much you wanted for your assembly and how long it would take to get here?

Thanks for your time and help
Check your PMs.
Chris

·
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Re: Yeah...same thing....

LX-Tasy said:

Check your PMs.
Chris
Cool. I'll check my PM's in a while and forward all pertinent info to my friend.

Thanks again.

·
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mustang5L5 said:
Damn, $75 for pedals!

I got all my T-5 conversion parts minus a new clutch and T-5 for about $100 from a local boneyard!
Sheesh. We get screwed out here I guess. He's payin' a lot of money for the T-5...been rebuilt to Z-rated specs and bullet proofed (or so I hear...not too sure though).

I guess they started trying to get his AOD-E out today...I'm just the Internet nerd guy in the club that has to search the Web for pertinent parts at a decent price.

I wish I had $$$ to blow on my car. :(

My car needs a T-3650...and 3.73's....and PI heads on my stock block......er...a D.S.S shortblock...that'd be much better....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts