TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I want to thank everyone on here, I've been read threads and all. I'm am glad this site was created, i'm learning alot about my 96 t bird and i am definitely inspired to start my own "project" in the near future but for now i just would like to put my current t bird over stock number without doin any major major upgrades, because the car has 163k on it even tho it looks good and still running strong. So i would love to get some feed back on this. if any of u know any one in Illinois who can help me with my future project, i will be grateful for a few names and contact info...i ran into one guy on the street last summer and he told me his bird was pushin 425hp we were around oak forest and he told me about this site but i already knew about it after browsing the net.

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
First, I want to thank everyone on here, I've been read threads and all. I'm am glad this site was created, i'm learning alot about my 96 t bird and i am definitely inspired to start my own "project" in the near future but for now i just would like to put my current t bird over stock number without doin any major major upgrades, because the car has 163k on it even tho it looks good and still running strong. So i would love to get some feed back on this. if any of u know any one in Illinois who can help me with my future project, i will be grateful for a few names and contact info...i ran into one guy on the street last summer and he told me his bird was pushin 425hp we were around oak forest and he told me about this site but i already knew about it after browsing the net.

What are your plans exactly? I've helped quite a few guys on this site out (white97lx, basskid, firescout211) to name a few. Let me know your plans and I can give you advice.

·
Registered
518 Posts
What are your plans exactly? I've helped quite a few guys on this site out (white97lx, basskid, firescout211) to name a few. Let me know your plans and I can give you advice.
Helped me? I owe pretty much everything that's been done to my car to you!:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

I want to be over stock numbers, i believe its 205hp/280tq...so going from that to 250hp/315tq or so would be good for what i want. But my future plans are to buy another t bird to put a dohc motor in it. (thinking of a 98 mark 8 lsc motor)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Rear end gears should be the first thing, they make a huge difference.

CAI with throttle body and elbow
PI intake swap, cams too if you are up to it
Underdrive pulleys
Computer chip
A good stall converter although a little pricey is worth it, put a shift kit in while you're in there
A full exhaust, including headers. This will be the biggest cost but you will get the most out of the other mods, and wont detract from reliability or fuel mileage

This should get you pretty close to 250, but if you want more you will have to look at the heads, either porting what you have, the pi head swap or the new trick flow heads when they come available

·
Registered
518 Posts
what are good chips for thunderbirds? ive been looking for one.
You don't want a chip, most guys go with a handheld flashing device like the xcal 2 from SCT. Now they have the xcal 3 which I have not heard any feedback on by the way. I went to the closest SCT dealer and had it put on the dyno with A/F being checked and it made a big difference. A lot of guys on here have bought mail order tunes and x cals with good luck but I would just rather have it hooked up to a dealers monitoring system to make sure everything is good to go. Costs a little more this way but it's peace of mind the way I look at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts