TCCoA Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
about $200...and you'll pay $200 to $300 to have them installed. knock off 2 or 3 tenths. you'll have to re-learn how launch the car.

another option is a FRPP pumpkin. comes with the gears you want, weighs 15lbs less, and brand new trac-lok clutches. sells for $600 and you can install it yourself.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
GreenBird said:

another option is a FRPP pumpkin. comes with the gears you want, weighs 15lbs less, and brand new trac-lok clutches. sells for $600 and you can install it yourself.
Nope due...not 15 lbs..I weighed both the FRPP and my OE diff while it was out with a UPS shipping scale-8 lbs lighter than the OE 3.27 diff.
JL

·
11,719 Posts
Johnny Langton said:

Nope due...not 15 lbs..I weighed both the FRPP and my OE diff while it was out with a UPS shipping scale-8 lbs lighter than the OE 3.27 diff.
JL
I stand corrected.

I remember when it was posted that it weighed 40lbs less, then it was 15lbs, now a confirmed 8lbs. LOL.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GreenBird said:
about $200...and you'll pay $200 to $300 to have them installed. knock off 2 or 3 tenths. you'll have to re-learn how launch the car.

Really? Where can you get the new pumpkin from?
What does the new trac-lok clutches do?
And how easy is the install for the new pumpkin?
Thanks for all the help (both of you)

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
you can get it from five star ford and the trac- loc gives u better trac then if u have one wheel
peal and call Dan Newman - Five Star Ford - (800) 866-1520 Ext 230 and ask him for the
tccoa disc if u have all the tools its not that hard theres a post on that at the old forum at
www.tccoa.com
check my site
http://jurgens94bird.streetracing.org/

·
Premium Member
8,239 Posts
You have to be a tccoa member to receive any discounted prices from dan newman. Period.

JH

Jurgen said:
you can get it from five star ford and the trac- loc gives u better trac then if u have one wheel
peal and call Dan Newman - Five Star Ford - (800) 866-1520 Ext 230 and ask him for the
tccoa disc if u have all the tools its not that hard theres a post on that at the old forum at
www.tccoa.com
check my site
http://jurgens94bird.streetracing.org/

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
i am not a tccoa member and dan alwayes gives me discounts and he knows
but i get all my stuff from him and he alwayes gives me disc i knows other people that
i sent to him and he gives em disc too. Period lol
later

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Jurgen, its people like you that abuse the discounts that the members PAY FOR. I'll admit, I'm not a member either. And I've gained moer knowledge just by hanging out in the forums than by sending in $40. But if I want the discounts, I'll damn sure put in my $40.

Why should I, or anyone else for that matter, pay our hard earned money so YOU can use OUR discounts. I don't think its fair. It'd be like you buying your own car, paying for everything, tires, fuel, whatever, as well as your own insurance. Would it be fair for me to walk up, take your keys and go racing your car? No. You paid for it all, its your car. If we pay for our discounts, why should you get to use them?

NOTE: I still state that I am not a member. YET!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
crapoooooooola

The supposed discounts that you gain by joining TCCoA are crap. I have bought things from Dan at a discount as well, and yes I used to be a member of this club, but no more, and I too am still offered the discount. But the reality is, I will no longer give my money to this club so I can get a sticker for my car( if they even give you that anymore ) and absolutely complete lack of care or concern by the clubs leadership for the clubs members. Hell, I on several occasions have taken quotes from Five Star( at the discounted rate ) to local Ford dealerships and they have matched them in order to get my buisness. So if you think about it, what the hell is your forty bucks going to anyway?

·
Premium Member
8,239 Posts
Re: crapoooooooola

Last time I checked the server the tccoa is on is not free, neither is the amount of bandwidth it uses.

JH

KcBirdFan said:
The supposed discounts that you gain by joining TCCoA are crap. I have bought things from Dan at a discount as well, and yes I used to be a member of this club, but no more, and I too am still offered the discount. But the reality is, I will no longer give my money to this club so I can get a sticker for my car( if they even give you that anymore ) and absolutely complete lack of care or concern by the clubs leadership for the clubs members. Hell, I on several occasions have taken quotes from Five Star( at the discounted rate ) to local Ford dealerships and they have matched them in order to get my buisness. So if you think about it, what the hell is your forty bucks going to anyway?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Last time I checked you did not have to be a paying member to use the website. If you are trying to tell me that $40 multiplied times the number of paying members all goes towards the cost of this site, sorry dude, no way. My point is I can come here and use the site without paying $40. If you can tell me the advantages a paying member has over myself, then I will be suprised. As I stated, I used to be a member of this club, but I can also tell you that when dissatisfied with the internal club workings, I sent an email to Mr. Club Presidente stating my concern and infroming him I was considering not renewing my membership. You know what his reply was? Nothing. Not even a simple response. So again my point is El Presidente is not going to treat me any different from average joe who visits this site, whether I am a member or not. Sorry I'll spend my money on my car rather than put it someone else's pocket.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
KcBirdFan said:
Last time I checked you did not have to be a paying member to use the website. If you are trying to tell me that $40 multiplied times the number of paying members all goes towards the cost of this site, sorry dude, no way. My point is I can come here and use the site without paying $40. If you can tell me the advantages a paying member has over myself, then I will be suprised. As I stated, I used to be a member of this club, but I can also tell you that when dissatisfied with the internal club workings, I sent an email to Mr. Club Presidente stating my concern and infroming him I was considering not renewing my membership. You know what his reply was? Nothing. Not even a simple response. So again my point is El Presidente is not going to treat me any different from average joe who visits this site, whether I am a member or not. Sorry I'll spend my money on my car rather than put it someone else's pocket.

what do you have against AverageJoe?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have nothing against "Average Joe" (as in the guy who posts under that name) Dude, it is a figure of speech.......you know an all purpose term used to include anyone who chooses to post on this board......get it?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
KcBirdFan said:
I have nothing against "Average Joe" (as in the guy who posts under that name) Dude, it is a figure of speech.......you know an all purpose term used to include anyone who chooses to post on this board......get it?
yes, i get it :rolleyes:

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I'll admit, I love it when people use my name just trying to post a message. And I have nothing against SW or anyone else for that matter. If I had to pay my $40 to use this site, then I would. Since I don't, I still will. And I agree that this website, the server it sists on, and the bandwidth we all use costs money. I'll happily be yur average joe paying member because I have no reason not to. I just don't think its fair that non-members get the discounts that members pay for.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got news for all of you. If you think TCCoA members are the only ones getting discounts from Five Star than you are mistaken, and no I don't lie and tell Dan that i am a TCCoA member to get them. And actually "Average Joe" I was using average joe in the context that SW is not going to give his paying members anymore notice or consideration than the average joe( non-member ) that posts on this site.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I know exactly what you're saying. And if Dan decides to give discounts, then thats his choice. I was under the impression that you were telling him you were a member.

·
11,719 Posts
I am not a member. I see no benifit to sending the club $40. Now if SW posted that the club needed $$$ and could provide an exspense report, then yes I would send $$$.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Ok, so if you want to get the discounts from Dan at the Ford, what exactly do you say??? I not saying this to buy anything from him, cause right now im very short on cash, but like AverageJoe said, i thought that you needed to pay to get the discounts??? But now that i've read everything that you guys posted, so any guy can get a discount with Dans??? That's cool..:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.