1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
329 Posts
Every one i looked at had 8.8" rears. I know cuz i stripped one so i could take the rear disk brakes off and put them on my Mustang. Every rear i looked at was an 8.8 with the same 4-link quad shock rear as a stang. The axles are also 1.5" wider than a stang. They came ith 2.73's, 3.08's and 3.27's. Not sure if they were posi or now.

The disk brakes are not ancient either. For a 20 year old system, they do well. 11.35" vented rotors with 55mm pistons. Parts are plentiful in yards and cheap in parts stores because Mark 7' were produced in large numbers. Wy i chose to swap the rear disks to my stang with ranger axles

The Bill Blass and LSC have the 5.0 HO, but i think ALL later models got that engine. Every Mark 7 i look has a 5.0 HO in it.

Oh yeah, the remark about the disk brakes larger thsn the front is wrong also. The mark 7 came stock with 11" front disks and 11.35" rears. The same brakes were installed in SVO and Saleen Mustangs. They use a 73mm piston up front and 55mm piston out back. Some Mk7's had ABS too

Also, a big differece in the HO and non-HO 5.0 too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts