TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, last year before I couple mods, I had dyno'd 196HP, and 249FTlbs of torque. Now my hp would have been higher, but my limiter kept kicking, and I was running rich (I should have fixed that problem).
For my exhaut I have dual pipes (2.5 inch) coming off the 2 stock cats, and into 2 Flowmaster 50 series mufflers at the end. What would be the best way to get more low end torque out of this? I was either thinking different mufflers, and an h or an x pipe, or maybe different cats.
Basically I should be at about 200/205 HP now, but the torque is dissapointing (my top-end is great).
Thanks

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
According to your posted mods.....I'd say your numbers are excellent.
Why do you believe they should be higher?

As far as increasing torque, w/o the addition of power adders...you have two choices: Increase cylinder filling efficiency (1/2 of the VE equation) or decrease cylinder emptying efficiency (the other 1/2 of the equation).....possibly increase back pressure a bit, if that's the way you want to go. Either approach increases cylinder pressures and increases your torque....;)

As far as X and H pipes go...there have been many posts on TCCoA about them....
I'm sure Search will turn some up.....

An H-Pipe MAY be a little better at the strip.....there doesn't seem to be a clear answer. With respect
to an X-Pipe, talk to JL about his experience and be prepared to pay for one from Dr. Gas.....

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just assuming I gained more HP than torque with my 2.5" pipes. Maybe yesterday at the track just has me frustrated.
Here is what I have currently, some not adding power etc... - U/D pulleys, K&N panel w/ silencer removed, Hypertech chip, Mark VIII T/C, beefed up tranny + heavy duty shift kit, the dual exhaust, and 12C plugs. Actually, now that I just typed everything out, my numbers don't seem too bad lol. The only reason I was saying HP should be slightly higher now is cuz I was running a little rich, and my limiter kept on kicking in as my HP was still rising. The guy actually let off on 2 of the runs.
I guess I am not gonna worry about.
Plus, my MAF should be here soon, and in a few weeks I am gonna get a chip from Dennis, a D/S and gears installed. Then I will re-dyno, and save up for a supercharger.
Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts