TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a maf from a '94 Mark for $5.00:) f3vf-12b579-aa afh80-01 2j26------ Now I need the 30pt transfer #'s to get a baseline curve going.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone has a stock unmodified .bin from a '93-'95 MarkVIII I could get the transfer curve off of that.

LOL. I almost considered going back and getting the computer from the car so I could read it. That would be a waste of twenty bucks though:rolleyes:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Just FYI.
I checked the Walbro crossreferences and looks like no other Ford/L/Merc vehicle used that same MAF.

They call it an AFH80-01.

Add the suffix "A" and its used in the later years Mustang, SHO,M8

Also used on F150. I wonder how close the 80mm LMAF is to this one you have.
Or the later ones for that matter.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This one is aluminum and looks like the 70mm aluminum meters- just bigger. The actual housing looks just like a '98 Cobra maf.

Were all the L-mafs plastic? I would imagine those being totally different.

Looks like I will keep using my 70mm for now.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
For all the trouble it's cost you thus far, I'd just pitch it and consider it a $5.00 oops. Then pick yourself up an 80mm Lightning, Mustang or a Marauder MAF and have at it. :)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol- the maf hasn't been any trouble yet. I just didn't guess it would be an oddball. Looked just like an old dohc Cobra maf at first.

I haven't actually decided to use it yet. Looked like a bummer making an airbox adapter for something that can't be used yet. It would probably get a cone filter with a GT style airbox. The Lincoln airbox took a much smaller air filter so it went bye-bye.

I could take my laptop to the scrapyard and pull the .bin from the j3 port if the Mark is still there. The transfer wouldn't be exactly correct for my pushrod 342 but it might be close.

Paul Booth might have an old bin saved if I ever get around to e-mailing him.

Being this is the old style maf you may be correct about pitching it. However, it would be saved with all my other junk that should be tossed. The increased accuracy and greater airflow of the plastic meters is a big plus.

Just getting tired of waiting on an airbox and maf from an '02 GT to show up at the salvage for twenty bucks :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts