TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anbody have the correct part number for the rear end links? I rotated the tires and saw that one was completly missing. The car is lowered about 1.5" if it matters.

Also, does energy suspension make replacements?

Thanks.

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
Hi Dan,

You can give ADDCO a call and they can tell you the number for the endlinks. We have found that the leading cause of endlink failure has been overtightening. You only want to tighten the nuts enough to take all the slop out of the unit but not enough to compress the bushings. Mine have been on the car for six years now and have had no broken endlinks.

Mark

ADDCO

·
Registered
789 Posts
It's just a hardened bolt with a sleve and bushings. Call addco for the length and you can get one for 50 cents at a hardware store.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Heavy Metal said:
I wouldn't trust a .50 cent part in my suspension. Grade 8 hardware costs a bit more than that. But if you are ready to assume the risk then thats on you.

Agreed-When I had my suspension redone I had them put the swaybar on (6 years ago Mark may actually remember my annoying questions about suspension :)) and they overtightened and it's been redone a few times with the cheap version. I'll post pics of what the cheap version looks like after sometime on the car....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts