2,037 Posts
I like my blue's!

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just put the Tokicos on a 96 Cougar. Bough the complete Spring/Shocks kit for 380.00 shipped. Will look for the supplier, but found them just doing google search. I think the kit number is HHK1....or something like that.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I just put the Tokicos on a 96 Cougar. Bough the complete Spring/Shocks kit for 380.00 shipped. Will look for the supplier, but found them just doing google search. I think the kit number is HHK1....or something like that.
What kind of springs did you put on? Do you like your blues?

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,814 Posts
On mine under normal its as good as stock, But get lively with it and they are better than stock .IMHO

·
Registered
99 Posts
The Tokico kit comes complete (with springs) Huge improvement over stock "Sport" suspension and springs. Car dropped about 1 1/2 inches and rides a lot firmer. Very stable and steady at high speeds. I have another "stock" 96 Cougar (only 61K miles) and when going from one car to the other....the Tokico set-up is a huge improvement.

btw...did complete suspension replacement when springs and struts where done....much easier to complete.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
I got my Konis straight from them last spring for $513 shipped.

I won't buy anything else again; other shocks only feel good when it's freezing outside.

I've used monroe and gabriel shocks, and they were better than the worn out crap I had, but not by much.

If you are using sport springs, there's really no other choice, imho. Everything else is too soft.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you are using sport springs, there's really no other choice, imho. Everything else is too soft.
I have a 3.8L and its not a sports car (Koni springs). So I am not looking for a sports suspension- I want a soft, luxury suspension- my current stock setup (probably worn out, anyway) is very harsh- I feel every single tiny bump in the pavement.

So I am leaning towards Tokico Blues- for a soft, comfortable ride... does anyone else have suggestions? I am also thinking of keeping the same ride height or a 3/4" inch drop at most w/ springs- again for comfort. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
I want a soft, luxury suspension
I would go with the monroe shocks; they worked pretty well, and they were cheapest.

I hated them, but if you want the "Luxobarge" feel, that's the way I would go; the gabriels were stiffer.

From what I've read, the kybs are about like the sport shocks, which were stiff; ICBW tho.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would go with the monroe shocks; they worked pretty well, and they were cheapest.

I hated them, but if you want the "Luxobarge" feel, that's the way I would go; the gabriels were stiffer.

From what I've read, the kybs are about like the sport shocks, which were stiff; ICBW tho.
I am reading from what Monroe advertises that these shocks are engineered to be more comfortable and softer than stock- while maintaining good handling. This is what I am looking for, thanks. But I am cautious because you said you don't like the Monroes. I could put them on my 'bird and say "too soft. i hate it." Any other opinions on the Monroes? How about the Tokico shocks? Do Tokico users feel they are a comfortable, and relatively soft ride? Maybe my shocks are so worn thats why I feel they are so harsh- maybe close to stock is still comfortable and there is no reason to go softer...?

I remember my 92 with ARC was VERY smooth and good at cornering too... the 96 doesn't seem to be as soft- but don't get me wrong- I can corner at just about any speed as long as the road is dry and still feel a firm grip on the road.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I had monroe sensatracs, I didnt notice any difference when I put them on. They blew out after a few years and I went back with motorcraft and they are awesome. We also sell KYB shocks from time to time, but I have never ran them on anything I drive yet. IMO, Motorcraft for the win.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts