TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone knew where to get O2 sensors for a good price. i need the two that are before the cat. the guy at autozone quoted me $69 a piece, is that a good deal?

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
This thread was started a month ago. It may be worth checking out...

From what I've seen, prices are going up on the oxygen sensors for these cars. The price quoted is almost the going rate at chain stores, such as AutoZone and Advance Auto Parts. Searches on www.google.com pointed to a place called www.oxygensensors.com - lower prices, but I didn't recognize the brands of sensors listed for the Thunderbird. FWIW, in the photo in the aforementioned thread, the green sensors are made by NTK, and the blue sensors are made by Bosch, based on ones I acquired recently.

Edit corrected typographical error, and updated sensor information.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just got done installing the O2 sensors. i got them from autozone and they let me rent some tools for free. finally my check engine light is off and the car seems to be running alot smoother.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I got mine from Ford. I tried Bosch and they didnt fit right. It might be because the place I got from didnt know which ones I needed or that they dont fit. But when I got the ford ones it was pretty easy and everything worked good after that.

Here is a good place to get ford parts.

Dan Newman
Director of Parts Operations
Toll Free: (800) 266-6049
Direct Line: (405) 813-7208
[email protected]

http://www.fordpartshq.com/location/midwest-ford/custom/midwestparts2.jsp

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Got mine from aguy on corral, all four for 65 shipped. He doesn't have many sets left.

-Miller

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they gave me bosch at autozone, they did look alot different from stock but they fit and work alright so far.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Shawn40th said:
I got mine from Ford. I tried Bosch and they didnt fit right. It might be because the place I got from didnt know which ones I needed or that they dont fit. But when I got the ford ones it was pretty easy and everything worked good after that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought Bosch made the oem o2 sensors for T-birds....(?)
or am I misinformed??

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
ortbird said:
....I thought Bosch made the oem o2 sensors for T-birds....(?)
or am I misinformed??
You are correct. Bosch was one of the OEM suppliers of oxygen sesnsors. NTK is another. I just installed a set of exact OEM sensors a few days ago: F4ZF-9G444-AB is the part number stamped on the Bosch sensor, and F5MF-9F472-AA is the number stamped on the NTK sensor. Both have the Ford logo on them as well as the suppliers' names.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts