TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, well I'm looking to get a new exhaust system very soon for my 1990 Cougar LS 3.8 since i have happened across some money recently....now I have a question. I looked at the Flowmaster Cat-Back and I like it because not only can I install it, I've heard it and i like how mellow it is. But, it is almost 400 dollars total with the resonator you have to buy. Now, is it worth it to buy this dual exhaust kit, or it is better to just find a shop and have custom piping duals put in with flowmaster 40 series on the back (I'd get rid of a resonator if I did that). But recently I had a thought...keep the cats, put a 50 series flowmaster in place of the resonator, and straight pipe to a single pipe out the back. Would love some info on what you guys think would be the best value for the performance.....thanks.

Kyle

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,774 Posts
Hey Kyle

If I'm not mistaken, that Flowmaster set up is only for 92 and up cars with the newer gas tank. Check that out before you buy it. Check out a few shops, maybe they can bend something for you.

Joe

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought so too but...

i checked and then double checked it, and there is a kit for the 89-91 mn12's, so that is fine....anybody know what an approximate cost would be for a custom bending??

·
Registered
67 Posts
My Estimate was...

just under $450 for a custom cat back set up with 2 Borla mufflers. that includes a Y pipe into 2.5" pipe until after the gas tank the another Y pipe into 2.25" duals that go to the mufflers and out the chrome tips. Don't know how much it'd be with out the mufflers but for parts and labor here I'd estimate $200-225.

Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts