TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to start, I have a 90 Cougar LS. It's Dark Current Red (Maroon) and I recently got a lot of money and I want to work on the looks. Well already, I have 90 Tbird SC rims of there. I've got 90 SC Side Skirts for it and the 90 SC Rear Bumper too. I plan on shaving all "mercury" or "cougar" emblems. Then I want to use this stuff they call Fuser (ask Sir William) to fill in the "Thunderbird SC" lettering on the back. Then a Tbird spoiler is going on. After that, I'm going to get a paint job, stock color though, I wanna save a little money. I'm doing all the work myself, besides paint, but I just wanna know what you guys think and if you had any other ideas to add. I will always trust the opinions of fellows MN12er's, so all input is appreciated. Thanks!!

Kyle

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Looks like you got it figured out :).

2 things, find a SC front bumper if you can - they look pretty good on Cougars (I have one on mine now).

Second, make sure you paint ALL your exterior chrome trim body color. A monochromatic look is perfect on these cars.

Best,

Kevin.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Off Topic

MercCougarXR7, that is one sweet looking winter beater....i've always loved those cars.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
LOL - Thanks :D!

More of a daily driver than a beater though - but yes - dirt cheap to buy, tough as nails, safe, and still economical :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts