TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
it'll just be a money pit bmw parts are far from cheap. save you're money and put it into your mark 8

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Before you think about it why dont you look for replacement parts and see what costs are going to be. If you do find the parts cheap and in good condition can you do the work? Repair shops get a hard on if you whisper BMW.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may do this especially since the guy is throwing the short block and wiring harness in for the 1500...I really like the car too

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
If your competent on rebuilding a engine could be a good deal. Personally I'd view this a a $3000 project not really a jump on it thing.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
I may do this especially since the guy is throwing the short block and wiring harness in for the 1500...I really like the car too
there will always be tempting things such as this car but trust me bmw parts are very expensive things you may think ahh something little is very pricey because its imported and to top it off their dollar is way more valuable then hours so things just cost more then hours for that reason alone.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to look at this car...me thinks I am gonna pass. His version of a short block is the block and a set of rods...that's it. That and the rear window is torn. Oh well, thanks for the input guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts