TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer is a dumbass, and can't find what I'm looking for. He told me if I had a PN, that he could find me a price.

What I'm looking for, are the mounting pieces for the side SC ground panels. There should be 2 pieces per side - one behind the door a few inches up from the rocker, and the other under the door, on the rocker.

If Ford can't get them, should I consider having some built? They're really just 1" strips of steel, with a bend in them to give the urethane pieces something to 'hang' from, correct?

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
MercCougarXR7 said:
My local dealer is a dumbass, and can't find what I'm looking for. He told me if I had a PN, that he could find me a price.

What I'm looking for, are the mounting pieces for the side SC ground panels. There should be 2 pieces per side - one behind the door a few inches up from the rocker, and the other under the door, on the rocker.

If Ford can't get them, should I consider having some built? They're really just 1" strips of steel, with a bend in them to give the urethane pieces something to 'hang' from, correct?
If you cant get them at Ford yes you can have them made.They are flat 18 or 16 gauge galvinized steel but they do have a slight bend in them.They look like a really tight S.I dont know the length or anything like that though.Your best bet would be is to get the brackets for a 87-93 Mustang GT and make them work.You should have 3 on each side.One for the front piece,one for the bottom ground effect and one for the rear.I have nevr messed with an SC but they should be close to the GT.
Just a thought so I hope you can find some,
Chris

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, getting the pieces from the GT IS my best bet, somebody on SCCoA also suggested the same thing...

I can't figure out why the dealer couldn't find parts for the SC though, are they unavailable???

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
MercCougarXR7 said:
Yup, getting the pieces from the GT IS my best bet, somebody on SCCoA also suggested the same thing...

I can't figure out why the dealer couldn't find parts for the SC though, are they unavailable???
Try another dealer. They have to have it. Can't tell you how many parts guys I've run into who don't know their own system and product.

Example, today I was in at Lordco to reference some parts. I call back later to order them and I have to explain to this guy on the other end where to look for it and how to do it. Initially, he was adamant that the information that I had wasn't there.

Pick your dealership like you would pick a dentist or doctor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts