TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of air springs and I want to install them the instructions are a little bit ambiguous I would like to have some pictures of your install and did you have to drill a hole in the lower control arm? please help asap.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
blown96bird,

I don't have any photos to share, but I do have air bags in both of my rear springs, plumbed separately so I can bias the rear suspension at the track. I did need to drill fairly large diameter holes in the bottom of each lower control arm (1/2"?) to allow the air fittings to project through. I routed the air lines up to the subframe (with slack to allow for suspension movement), then forward along the "outside" of the fender liners and down to the seams under the rocker panels. I drilled through the seams and installed the air fittings there.

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went ahead and installed the air bags with the air fitting straight up. there is a hole in the top of the spring perch. I routed the air line through them and on top of the k member and then cut a hole into the abs boot and ran them through the floor.

Do you keep any air pressure in them? How much in each bag when racing? I completely rebuilt the rear suspension with all new bushing, and poly knuckle bushing, wheel bearings, Pinion brace, poly spring cups and 3/4 inch lowering springs and a set of 18x9 tallon 612 wheels with 245 45 18 tires.

http://thecustomwheelshop.com/popup_image.php/pID/30

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
blown96bird,

I use 10 psi in the driver's side and 15 psi in the passenger side at the track. I don't pay too much attention to them for street driving.

I'm running the Vogtland 3/4" lowering springs all around.

Nice wheels!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts