TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a plan to take the power steering elbows to this profession plumbing shop and see if they can duplicate OEM styles and fitment. I know people looked into this before and the trouble was really with the return line side. The pressure line can be found in 8-AN style already as a 90* elbow. But the catch is it doesnt swivel. The return side can be done in -AN as well if I understand correct its the clearance issue of being too tall is the problem. If someone here as has a pair of junk elbows they are going to toss let me know. I can see about getting replacement custom made. If anyone can do this its this place. The are serious about hydraulic hoses.

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which elbows
Power steering rack end fitting elbows the attach to the rack directly. They are the go between the rack and your lines. I figure Im replacing the return line with one of my own and a bigger cooler so lets investigate if I can just lose the OEM style for a more solid solution than a discontinued part.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I'll check for you today if I have a spare or not.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
This one?

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
The one Chris pictured is the return / low pressure elbow .. I am sure I have a supply / high pressure elbow if you cant find one elsewhere.

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one Chris pictured is the return / low pressure elbow .. I am sure I have a supply / high pressure elbow if you cant find one elsewhere.
Yes and yes guys thats a discontinued part. If any place can make a better new one its this place.

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I would like to take that one in too and show this shop and see if they can make that one as well. Im willing to do the leg work to get others the part if they say yes to either side.

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
answer before Zod!! jk :tongue:
Ok ZOD people have reported here the aftermarket variety like to leak. And the OEM reliable version is discontinued with remaining parts costing a rediculoso amount. So where does that leave someone who wants OEM or better quality? Also this shop is the best at custom plumbing and just to see what they could do is a fascinating idea to me if it means no more poor quality elbow design. You must have heard of the rubber non serviceable swivel that can leak.

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its in between the block shaped end of the tube and the hex fitting part on the return fitting. Its non serviceable and can leak. Its just a couple rubber o rings holding the 2 parts of that fitting together. Preston aka braincoater Preston told me if you man handle those fittings while installing them they can leak on you after the fact. I mean I do have newish OEM fittings on my car now that I dont want to but wouldnt hate reusing. If you take either fitting in your hand and rotate the end the screws into the rack, thats the joint known to leak on the cheap aftermarket versions.

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I see. Well I hope you find a good part. If you need the two fittings just let me know. I'm gonna run the rock auto super-saver fittings and see how they do. :)
I wonder how well they will hold up too. Like I said I have working OEM units but I dont like the design its made to fail too easy. Im just looking to see what this shop says if I show them a stock unit to do their version of it. I could start with just the pictures. Ill have a new steering rack and hose fittings to help me along finding out what the elbows terminate with respect to size and threads while at the shop. If they say yes and can use the fittings to make a better part Id love to have them.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
So do you need the elbow I have or not? If so its yours for shipping+packing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts